Detailed changelog for Adblock Plus 2.1
The following lists the major changes compared to Adblock Plus 2.0.3. If you experience issues with this release please check the list of known issues.
- Adblock Plus can be installed without restarting the browser now.
- Added support for Firefox Mobile 14.
- Better Thunderbird integration, in particular the Adblock Plus user interface is working with web page tabs correctly now.
- Implemented element hiding exceptions (mostly useful for subscription authors).
- Filter composer: Removed warning when adding filters to a disabled group, a new group is created if no enabled group can be found for the filter.
- Filter preferences: Various improvements for a better overview (forum topic, forum topic, forum topic).
- Filter preferences: Fixed wrong warning message when deleting filter groups.
- Issue reporter: Force a filter subscription update when reporting a false positive (forum topic).
- Issue reporter: Sending issue reports is no longer allowed if the filter subscription hasn't been updated in the past two weeks.
- Custom About dialog has been removed, using the browser's built-in dialog now.
- Fixed: Tabs on Flash and Java no longer have rounded corners in Firefox 13 (forum topic).
- The shortcut key for Blockable items in Firefox 15 and above is Ctrl-Shift-U now, the old shortcut key is no longer available.
object-subrequestare accepted as well, searching for
object_subrequestis no longer required (forum topic).
- Fixed: The list will sometimes reload even though the current page stays the same.
- Fixed: Context menu might suggest disabling the filter on wrong domain (forum topic).
- Fixed: Context menu might prevent page elements from being garbage collected (bug 727739).
- Fixed: The tooltip might get displayed on top of the context menu.
- Adblock Plus can now be installed in any application based on Gecko 8.0 and higher, in particular Firefox 8, Thunderbird 8, SeaMonkey 2.5. Older versions are no longer supported, XUL-based Firefox Mobile releases like Firefox Mobile 10 aren't supported either.
Filter subscriptions can set their title automatically using
! Titlecomment (forum topic).
- Improved memory use and performance, especially fixed the regression in Firefox 15 and above.
cache.jsfile, it's a frequent source of stability issues.
- Switched to asynchronous file read/write operations to improve user interface responsiveness.
- Fixed: Object tabs are causing "can't access dead object" message in Error Console of Firefox 15 and above.
- Fixed handling of trailing dots in domain names (forum topic).