BT.dk Blocks adblock+ users

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
zeon

BT.dk Blocks adblock+ users

Post by zeon »

i found the following script on bt.dk after being blocked by adblock

<script type='text/javascript'>
var checkad = document.getElementsByTagName("script");
for(var i = 0; i < checkad.length; i++) {
var script = checkad;
if (script && ((script.getAttribute("src") != null && script.getAttribute("src").match("http://m-serving.com")) || script.style.display == "none")) {
parent.location.href = "/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/misc/adblocker.pbs";
}
}
</script>
Beefix

Post by Beefix »

and how do I work arround that?
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Right-click the ABP icon in toolbar, go to Options and uncheck "Collapse blocked elements".
zeonos

Post by zeonos »

thanks, that worked. :) will this affect other sites, or does the collapse blocked elements do nothing?
Wladimir Palant

Yes, it will affect other sites but "collapse blocked elements" doesn't do much these days. Anyway, I'll make sure that this option won't be as easily detectable in Adblock Plus 1.1.
Beefix

Post by Beefix »

Now that was wasy ... thx M8
Apoxie

Post by Apoxie »

Wladimir Palant wrote:Yes, it will affect other sites but "collapse blocked elements" doesn't do much these days. Anyway, I'll make sure that this option won't be as easily detectable in Adblock Plus 1.1.
Yes please make Adblock more stealth. More and more sites are going to try to counter it, cause they say if you dont view adds you generate no money = we dont want your traffic.
zeonos

Post by zeonos »

got another one, again from a danish newspaper

Berlinske.dk

<script type="text/javascript">var berlingske_media = false;</script>
var script = checkad;
if (script && ((script.getAttribute("src") != null && script.getAttribute("src").match("http://m-serving.com")) || script.style.display == "none")) {
}
}
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/script/adimage.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
if(!berlingske_media) { parent.location.href = "/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/misc/adblocker.pbs"; }
</script>
Razuul

Post by Razuul »

berlingske.dk which is owned by the same company as bt.dk, have now made a sligthly more advanced method of blocking, see below.

The trick of turning collapsing off does not work any more.

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">var berlingske_media = false;</script>
   var script = checkad[i];
   }
}

</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/script/adimage.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
if(!berlingske_media) { parent.location.href = "/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/misc/adblocker.pbs"; }
</script>
adimage.js contains

Code: Select all

var berlingske_media = true;
So it seems they try to get this js file caught in the filter.

Adding the exception @@adimage.js allows me to load the page again.
Razuul

Post by Razuul »

thanks Razuul, worked perfectly.
Wladimir Palant

So this is not collateral damage, they are using AidOnline as an excuse to block Adblock Plus. How nice of them. Let's see how long it will take them to realize that they are only harming themselves, I am leaning back and watching.
Zeonos

Post by Zeonos »

sorry, the username of the thanks razuul post should have been zeonos.
Zeonos

Post by Zeonos »

well, it would be nice if they just blocked aidonline, which should be easy if i understand it correctly.

anyways, all the help organizations there was supporting aidonline left them, so now they are alone. still trying, but i would dare to say it will fail horrible..
René

Post by René »

AidOnline's addon is based on AdBlock Plus.
It lets adblock remove the ads on the site. After that it inserts its own.

So I believe they have to use the "AdBlock Plus blocking" to block the AidOnline addon.
Wladimir Palant

René wrote:So I believe they have to use the "AdBlock Plus blocking" to block the AidOnline addon.
No, they already have code there that recognizes specifically AidOnline - it is easy to detect, unlike Adblock Plus. The recent changes were explicitly targeted at Adblock Plus however (to be more precise, at EasyList).