Adblock Plus 2.6.11 for Firefox released · 2015-09-24 01:07 by Wladimir Palant
- Fixed: Findbar in Filter Preferences was slightly broken when using Firefox 42 and above (issue 2832).
- Fixed: Notification pop-up shouldn’t disappear if somebody clicks outside it (issue 3060).
- Fixed: Toolbar icon broken in SeaMonkey 2.40 and above (issue 3072).
- Added promotional message for Adblock Browser to the first-run page (issue 3031).
Adblock Plus for Firefox and Element Hiding Helper development builds now hosted on AMO · 2015-09-04 16:42 by Wladimir Palant
Mozilla is starting to enforce their signing on all add-ons: Firefox 40 already warns about unsigned add-ons, Firefox 41 Beta outright disables them. This isn’t a big issue for our add-on releases as these are signed by addons.mozilla.org (AMO) automatically. However, the development builds were hosted on our own servers until recently, no such signing there.
Because of that, a few weeks ago we moved our development builds to AMO to have them signed automatically. You can also download them from AMO directly (see Development Channel section in the extension description). Anybody who installed development builds from our website should be upgraded to the AMO-hosted builds automatically.
Adblock Plus 2.6.10 for Firefox released · 2015-07-28 15:05 by Wladimir Palant
This is a quality and stability release, with the focus being compatibility with upcoming Firefox versions. Most of the changes are under the hood, only the visible changes are listed:
suppress_first_run_pagepreference introduced by previous release can now be preconfigured by machine administrators via setting
extensions.adblockplus.preconfigured.suppress_first_run_pageFirefox preference (issue 2439).
- Issue reporter
- Subscription links
- Removed inconsistent behavior (breaks backwards compatibility): exception rules starting with
https://no longer imply
$documentoption (issue 2503).
- Reduced the initial delay for filter lists and notification updates after browser startup (issue 284 and issue 2659).
- First-run page: Fixed social buttons being broken starting with Firefox 38 (issue 2710).
Better support for upcoming Firefox versions · 2015-07-22 11:33 by Wladimir Palant
The Adblock Plus 220.127.116.1163 development build is a release candidate, Adblock Plus 2.6.10 for Firefox will be released next Tuesday is everything goes well. We implemented a bunch of improvements and fixed several issues affecting newer Firefox versions (especially multi-process Firefox). The most important changes are:
- Fixed a syntax error breaking Adblock Plus in Firefox 41 and above (bug 1176702)
https://subscribe.adblockplus.org/?location=http://example.com/as an alternative to
abp:subscribe?location=http://example.com/links (issue 2211).
- Fixed subscribe links in multi-process Firefox (issue 1730).
- Made the comment page of the issue reporter more compact so that the report data field has more space (issue 344).
- Fixed share dialog on the first-run page, it was broken starting with Firefox 38 (issue 2710).
Changing roles · 2015-06-11 11:28 by Wladimir Palant
I’ve been the CTO of Eyeo since we founded it four years ago to put the Adblock Plus project on a more solid basis. This made sense, after all I created the Adblock Plus project and had been solely responsible for all things technical for five years. However, as the development team has been growing it became obvious that I’m not the best person to do this job. So, as of now I’m just a developer on the team and the new CTO is my colleague Felix Dahlke (fhd). This sounds like a bigger change than it really is, so I’ll try to answer all questions in advance.
Suppressing the first run page in Firefox · 2015-05-05 11:30 by Felix Dahlke
It is now possible to suppress the first run page in Adblock Plus for Firefox as well – with the current development build 18.104.22.16835, and the upcoming 2.6.10 release.
You can do this by setting the
extensions.adblockplus.preconfigured.suppress_first_run_page pref to
true, for example from autoconfig.js.
Adblock Plus 2.6.9 for Firefox released · 2015-03-31 23:56 by Wladimir Palant
This is another quality and stability release:
- Slightly optimized performance, domain-specific filters will no longer affect overall performance (issue 2177).
- Added extensions.adblockplus.suppress_first_run_page preference to allow administrators disable the first-run page if Adblock Plus is installed globally (issue 206). Note that additional changes are required to make this preference usable.
$elemhidefilter option doesn’t consider website signatures correctly (issue 2151).
Adblock Plus 2.6.8 for Firefox released · 2015-03-10 21:00 by Wladimir Palant
This release features the improved icon and logo that are already being used in Chrome, Opera and Safari (issue 1534, issue 2053, issue 2072). It also fixes an issue with the search functionality in the Filter Preferences affecting Firefox 36 and above (issue 2041).
Adblock Plus integrated into Maxthon browser · 2015-02-11 09:43 by Job Plas
Adblock Plus and Maxthon committed to a partnership where Adblock Plus has been integrated as a default feature in the popular Maxthon Cloud Browser.
Adblock Plus 2.6.7 for Firefox released · 2015-01-14 22:03 by Wladimir Palant
Note that this release removes the “Hide placeholders of blocked elements” option from the user interface. The underlying functionality is still available via a hidden preference, as explained in the original announcement.
- Removed ‘Hide placeholders of blocked elements’ option from the user interface (issue 1670).
- Fixed: First-run page broken in Firefox nightlies if E10S is enabled (issue 1663, issue 1706).
- Fixed first-run page layout for right-to-left languages (issue 1668).
- Fixed: “Adblock Warning Removal List” is being displayed as the selected list on Firefox Mobile (issue 1712).
- Fixed: “Disable on site” doesn’t always show up on Firefox Mobile (issue 1713).