Adblock Plus 3.2 for Chrome, Firefox and Opera released · 2018-07-17 21:16 by Sebastian Noack
This release features the new $rewrite filter option which enables filter list authors to prevent (mostly pre-roll video) ads that couldn’t be blocked before from showing on some websites, as well as improvements to the issue reporter, and a couple other improvements and bug fixes.
- Added the
$rewritefilter option (issue 6592 and issue 6622).
- Blocked elements are now hidden through a style sheet if possible rather than by overriding their
styleattribute (issue 6645).
- Stopped converting domains reported by the browser to Unicode, expecting domains in filters being given in Punycode (issue 6647).
- Fixed: Requests were matched in the wrong context when navigating to a document served by a Service Worker (issue 6595).
- Fixed a regression introduced with the previous release that caused the number in the icon badge to show even if that feature was disabled (issue 6679).
- Added information about filter hits and related requests to issue reports (issue 6386).
- Removed the title field when adding a subscription by URL (issue 6532).
- Formatted dates on the options page based on the current locale (issue 6661).
- Fixed blocking of WebRTC connections and the related error shown in the console on Chrome 67 (respectively Opera 54) and above (issue 6744).
Sentinel is Online · 2018-06-27 16:05 by Tom Woolford
Adblock Plus releases Sentinel, an ad detector that uses machine learning to visually recognise Facebook ads.
Welcome to Trusted News · 2018-06-13 15:00 by Tom Woolford
Adblock Plus is pleased to announce the release of their newest extension – Trusted News. Come see what it’s all about!
How Trusted News works · 2018-06-13 15:00 by Mario König
We at Eyeo care as much about promoting trustworthy content on the web as we do about your privacy. Apart from Trusted News’ important mission and core values, we’re focused on providing an extension that relies on processing information locally on your computer without ever sending any personal data or browsing history to our (or anyone else’s) servers.
So, let me introduce you to Trusted News, explain how it works and what’s happening in the background while you browse the web.
Get notified! Do you want notifications when sites track you for Facebook? · 2018-06-08 14:58 by Tom Woolford
Apple announce they want to stop Facebook tracking. Use Adblock Plus to do it on all systems!
Adblock Plus and the Free and Open Source Software communities · 2018-05-30 17:12 by Rachel Brochado
In true open source spirit, we want to restate our passion for a community driven by authentic people. This is a great opportunity to celebrate the success and significant accomplishments of 20 amazing years of open source. Happy birthday Open Source!
Stopping Netflix autoplay trailers with Adblock Plus · 2018-05-24 15:27 by Tom Woolford
Are autoplay trailers annoying you on Netflix? Check out this handy guide to stopping them with Adblock Plus.
Rewriting URL instead of blocking · 2018-05-18 18:17 by Hubert Figuière
Starting with Adblock Plus 3.2 for Chrome, Firefox and Opera (and development builds as of 126.96.36.1993), there is a new
$rewrite filter option to rewrite the URL of a resource instead of blocking it.
Internationalized domains in filters are now expected to be encoded as Punycode · 2018-05-18 17:00 by Sebastian Noack
Starting with Adblock Plus 3.2 (and development builds as of 188.8.131.520), domains given in filters are expected to be encoded as Punycode.
Adblock Plus 3.1 for Chrome, Firefox and Opera released · 2018-05-16 15:00 by Sebastian Noack
This release features the new $csp filter option which equips filter lists authors with yet another tool to counter ad blocking circumvention on some websites, as well as a mechanism for system administrators to pre-configure Adblock Plus on Firefox, along other improvements and bug fixes.
- Added the
$cspfilter option (issue 5241).
- Requests sent by Shared/Service Workers are now matched in the context of the document that caused the worker to spawn, i.e. requests sent from the worker are now also subject to document-based whitelisting and domain-specific filters (issue 6543).
- Users with corrupted storage are now notified and instructed to reinstall Adblock Plus (issue 6599).
- Fixed: Videos (and other media elements) remained hidden if they previously attempt to stream a blocked resource (e.g. a pre-roll ad) but then changed their URL (issue 5899).
- Fixed: Exception rules for element hiding emulation filters were considered invalid when adding custom filters (issue 6139).
- Improved performance of element hiding emulation filters (issue 6437).
- Requests sent by the browser itself or by Adblock Plus are no longer subject to request blocking (issue 6544). This is now consistent with the behavior on Firefox, and prevents a dysfunctional state in case of misconfiguration or overly greedy rules in filter lists.
- Added support for pre-configurable preferences (issue 6474).
- Prevented third-party style sheets from breaking element hiding emulation filters (issue 6382).
- Worked around the limitations of notifications on Firefox (issue 6496).