Taking up Mark's offer · 2019-01-14 16:59 by Job Plas
Last week Mark Zuckerberg wrote the following about his upcoming challenge for 2019:
My challenge for 2019 is to host a series of public discussions about the future of technology in society — the opportunities, the challenges, the hopes, and the anxieties.
Well said, Mark. And yes, we totally agree with you. 2018 has been a pivotal year in tech, and we as an industry have to do everything in our power to win back the trust of the public by working on the right things. And we would love to participate in the dialogue.
Adblock Plus 3.4.2 blocks Facebook again! · 2018-12-06 10:12 by Tom Woolford
Version 3.4.2 of Adblock Plus blocks Facebook’s Sponsored Posts again, as well as blocking a “first -party cookie” that Facebook has been offering to third-party websites.
Adblock Plus 3.4.2 for Chrome, Firefox and Opera released · 2018-12-03 17:48 by Dave Barker
- Fixed the “Waiting for Extension Adblock Plus…” problem which some users were experiencing (issue 7065).
- Added the new
hide-if-contains-imagesnippet (issue 7088).
- Added the new
hide-if-has-and-matches-stylesnippet (issue 7137).
Christmas Shopping Without an Ad Blocker Could Cost You · 2018-11-23 17:10 by Susie Concannon
The punches thrown over the last TV on discount will not be the only fight going on this week. The busiest shopping week of the year means an absolute bombardment of ads fighting for your attention.
Adblock Plus 3.4.1 for Chrome, Firefox and Opera released · 2018-11-14 21:00 by Sebastian Noack
- Added the new
abort-on-property-readsnippet (issue 6969).
- Fixed a bug where an issue reporter screenshot was submitted without annotations under certain circumstances (issue 7100).
You spoke. We listened. ABP gets a major design overhaul · 2018-11-06 12:36 by Jeen Low
Adblock Plus’ 3.4 release includes a refresh to the user interface (UI). In this post, we take a look at the design process behind the new look and feel.
Looking back and stepping forward: Real community spirit with the Open Source Initiative at MozFest 2018 · 2018-11-05 14:47 by Rachel Brochado
For the third year in a row, Adblock Plus participated in the leading event that builds upon the incredible movement for an open web: MozFest. This year, we had a clear mission to connect, share, and celebrate 20 years of open source together with the Open Source Initiative (OSI). It was the perfect occasion to combine our appreciation for an open Internet, and to actively support and participate in the broader movement that exists around the issues of the web.
Introducing the new Adblock Plus 3.4: 50% reduction in memory usage and a fresh lick of paint · 2018-10-31 16:02 by Tom Woolford
Adblock Plus 3.4 released – 50% reduction in memory consumption and a new UI!
Adblock Plus 3.4 for Chrome, Firefox and Opera released · 2018-10-31 02:00 by Thomas Greiner
This release includes user interface improvements as well as a further reduction of the overall memory usage.
- Redesigned the first-run page (issue 6749).
- Redesigned the icon popup (issues 6794, 6801, 6816 and 6922).
- Polished the design of the issue reporter and begun including a screenshot with each report (issues 6751, 6795, 6827, 6828 and 6895).
- Made the following improvements to the settings page:
- Added the “Show number of ads blocked in icon” option (issue 6740).
- Started showing the “Show useful notifications” option regardless of whether the user has seen a notification previously (issue 6736).
- Tooltips are shown on click now (issue 6758).
- Removed the title input field when adding a filter list (issue 6760).
- Removed the “NEW” label from Acceptable Ads without third-party tracking (issue 6768).
- Snippet filters are now required to be restricted to at least one domain (issues 6797 and 6846).
- Started logging snippet filter hits in our developer tools panel (issue 6843).
- Removed support for legacy
:-abp-properties()syntax (issue 6870).
- Special comments are now required to be given at the top of filter lists (issue 6923).
- Added the EasyList Portuguese filter list (issue 6944).
- Added the new
dir-stringsnippet to simulate logging in the developer tools console (issue 6964).
- Reduced the initial memory footprint by ~16% (issue 6916), base memory usage by ~28% (issues 6815, 6916), and memory used per frame by ~660 KB (issue 6967).
- Fixed: Layout shifted after opening dialog for adding new filter list on the settings page (issue 5851).
- Fixed: Blank values for snippet arguments were ignored (issue 6811).
- Fixed: Sometimes all subscriptions were listed as additional subscriptions (issue 6838).
$rewritefilters using wildcards didn’t match end of URL (issue 6868).
$cspfilters with blank value caused errors due to injection of an invalid header (issue 6871).
- Fixed: Element hiding emulation filters for the domain
localhostwere considered invalid (issue 6931).
- Fixed: Snippet filters were ignored if the user resubscribed to the ABP anti-circumvention filter list (issue 6974).
- Reverted to using inline styles for element hiding emulation filters (issue 6504).
- Ported the
hide-if-contains-and-matches-stylesnippet (issue 6938).
Adblock Plus 2.0.3 for Safari released · 2018-10-04 10:29 by Dean Murphy
- Updated filter lists