Time to unify - We’ve improved our icon and logo · 2014-10-22 16:10 by Sven Hartz
The development of the Adblock Plus logo and icon has over eight years of history. You can find the first Adblock Plus specific logo suggestions here, or some newer ones here. Eight years later, in year 2014, we still have very similar problems as in those days. Since it is also tradition to do this development together with our community, we are excited to do it again to improve the Adblock Plus icon and logo.
Few words from the first employee · 2011-12-15 20:27 by Andrey Novikov
Thank you for the warm welcome. I am very glad to join the great team developing the world’s most popular plug-in. As Wladimir mentioned my first task is to refine user interface of Adblock Plus for Chrome.
No more status updates · 2011-02-04 20:53 by Wladimir Palant
I haven’t been publishing status updates for a while now. Reason is that the system doesn’t quite seem to work for me. Summarizing at the end of the week works well if I was focused on a few major tasks the whole week, on a chaotic week with lots of multitasking however I often simply don’t remember any more and wonder where the time has gone. Also, the next tasks that I list tend to get reprioritized, the list is often already outdated by the start of next week.
Status update: 2011-01-07 · 2011-01-07 19:15 by Wladimir Palant
Worked 4.5 days on Adblock Plus this week.
- Investigated issues with Flash objects staying hidden in Chrome, filed Chrome issue 68518, also implemented a work-around
- Investigated some element hiding rules breaking Gmail in Chrome, filed Chrome issue 68705
- Released Adblock Plus for Chrome 1.0.25
- Investigated memory leak visible in my main profile again — with limited success
- Finished up new script to create development builds — tested and checked into sitescripts repository, needs to be hooked up now
Status update: 2010-12-23 · 2010-12-24 20:25 by Wladimir Palant
Worked 4 days on Adblock Plus this week.
- Released Adblock Plus for Google Chrome 1.0.22, 1.0.23, 1.0.24
- Investigated numerous issues reported after release, we should have an overview of what needs fixing now
- Added support for X-Do-Not-Track header in Adblock Plus nightlies
- Released Adblock Plus 1.3.3
Status update: 2010-12-19 · 2010-12-19 21:57 by Wladimir Palant
- Finished security review of Anwiki, all XSS holes should be plugged now
- Set up rsync to be used for distributing EasyList instead of CVS
- A few more minor fixes for Adblock Plus/Chrome, updated subscriptions metadata
- Released two Adblock Plus/Chrome development builds (manually for now)
- Created forum area for Google Chrome users, updated link in the extension
- Investigated a bunch of Java-related issues, filed Mozilla bug 619349 and Mozilla bug 619399.
- Investigated WebKit bug 45586 which is hurting Adblock Plus/Chrome a lot.
- Reverted making subscription downloads “anonymous” (a change that went into Adblock Plus 1.3.2), turns out this breaks password-protected downloads as well as downloads through some proxy servers.
Status update: 2010-12-10 · 2010-12-15 18:51 by Wladimir Palant
- Using JSHydra for automated code rewriting, seems to work correctly on all Adblock Plus modules now and can be used to generate Chrome-compatible code
- Updated Adblock Plus for Chrome code — now using current Adblock Plus code instead of a one year old snapshot
- Fixed a bunch of minor issues in Adblock Plus for Chrome (most importantly: made it work with XHTML documents)
- Switched to newer Drag&Drop API in Preferences dialog (yes, Gecko 1.9.0 no longer needs to be supported)
- Released Adblock Plus 1.3.2
Status update: 2010-12-03 · 2010-12-08 00:44 by Wladimir Palant
- Changed plans for Adblock Plus 1.3.5 — a release in December is unrealistic
- Investigated an issue breaking Java applets when Adblock Plus is installed, probably the same one that is being reported for Pogo.com. Filed bug 616106.
- Got rid of “invalid XBL binding” warning in Firefox 4
- Made sure leak testing tools don’t get confused by Adblock Plus (reporting a non-existent leak)
- Spent some time investigating the memory leak I am observing in my Firefox — couldn’t find anything with the tools I tried, still unsure whether this leak is related to Adblock Plus
- Tried improving 16×16 Adblock Plus icon (will become the most used icon in Firefox 4), with very little success
- Started looking into JSHydra for automated code rewriting
Status update: 2010-11-26 · 2010-11-26 20:49 by Wladimir Palant
Worked 4.5 days on Adblock Plus this week.
- Finished refactoring of Python scripts used on adblockplus.org. From what I can tell, security best practices are followed everywhere so I made the corresponding Mercurial repository visible.
- Added more information to status reports that will hopefully make dealing with pop-ups easier.
- Disallowed sending issue reports with some configurations to prevent useless reports.
- Implemented a faster filter matching algorithm (filter subscriptions need to adapt before we get all the performance advantages here).
- Set up an Anwiki instance for easylist.adblockplus.org (still needs some theme tuning, this is up to Michael).
- Finally reproduced and fixed the issue with element hiding rules not applying after an exception (regression in Adblock Plus 1.3)
- Fixed script generating nightly builds: removing old builds worked incorrectly and caused the script to remove a 1.3.5a build while leaving 1.3a builds in the directory.
Status update: 2010-11-19 · 2010-11-26 16:35 by Wladimir Palant
- Added a way to change status of a issue reports, with an optional notification sent out to the user.
- Improved sorting of report columns.
- More discussions on issue reporter improvements.
- Refactoring of Python scripts used on adblockplus.org to make them easier to change and maintain.