Detailed changelog for Adblock Plus 1.1
The following lists the major changes compared to Adblock Plus 1.0.2:
- Thunderbird: When clicking "Subscribe" in the subscription list on first run, the entire Thunderbird window is closed. This should be fixed in Thunderbird soon (bug 503299).
- SeaMonkey: Toolbar icon looks ugly with the Modern theme. Modern theme doesn't seem to consider the possibility of extensions, using it with Adblock Plus isn't recommended.
- Some translations contain untranslated English strings.
- Added handling of HTTP redirects, the redirect address now shows up in the list of blockable items as well as the original address, both can be blocked.
- Added support for flexible anchors at start of filter (forum topic).
- Added support for ^ character that will match a single separator character or end of address (forum topic).
- Added support for domain exceptions in element hiding analogous to the $domain option of regular filters, e.g. "example.com,~foo.example.com##foo" or "~example.com##foo" (forum topic).
- "Block" button on plug-ins (e.g. Flash or Java) is no longer shown permanently, it only shows up when the mouse is on the plug-in area.
- Added "Re-enable Adblock Plus on this page" context menu item for pages where Adblock Plus is disabled, this removes/disables the filter responsible.
- Browser integration code runs in its own context now, this makes conflicts with other extensions less likely.
- Changed the way "add subscription" links work, these can now only be triggered by user clicking a link.
- Added diagnostic page displaying all errors related to Adblock Plus as well as Adblock Plus version/source code revision, can be opened by typing
chrome://adblockplus/content/errors.htmlinto the location bar.
- Fixed: ABP icon updates its status every two seconds, hogs CPU time.
- Fixed: Detection of background images breaks the context menu.
- Fixed: "Disable on ..." doesn't work correctly if the exception rule already exists but is disabled.
- Fixed: "Disable on ..." doesn't work correctly with rules that already exist in filter subscriptions rather than user-defined filters.
- Fixed: Input focus issues when closing list of blockable items in current Firefox nightly builds.
List of blockable items
- Added "document source" column, hidden by default (domain name to be used for the $domain filter option, forum topic).
- Added "Disable this filter on example.com" context menu item for user-defined filters (adds $domain option as required).
- Fixed: Creating a filter for an item matching a disabled exception rule wasn't possible again (forum topic).
- "Slow filter" warning is now a separate list column which can be used for sorting.
- Using browser's real find bar now instead of faking it.
- "Close" button moved to the right side of the filter editor, made the button use Firefox 3 look.
- Improved position calculations for the filter editor, no longer makes the text position change.
- Fixed: Enabling/disabling many element hiding rules at once is slow.
- When a list of filters is pasted or imported, always insert comments before the filter that follows them (forum topic, forum topic).
- Fixed: Adding a filter subscription that redirects to a different address causes download failure.
- Fixed: Same filter might appear twice in the list in a particular scenario.
- Fixed: Wrong row is selected when the window is opened (worked around bug 489881).
- Added flexible anchors as an option — "at the beginning of domain name" (forum topic).
- Added "example.com^" as fourth suggestion, block the entire domain (forum topic).
- Added warning when adding a filter to a disabled filter group (forum topic).
- Dropped compatibility with old application versions and cleaned up code, now requiring at least: Firefox 3.0.9, SeaMonkey 2.0b1, Thunderbird 3.0b3, Songbird 1.2, Prism 1.0b1.
- Moved almost all application-specific code to the overlay file corresponding with that application, this should make application-specific changes easier in future.
- Fixed: Toolbar icon cannot be moved to a different location (SeaMonkey).
- Fixed: Toolbar icon might be added in one window but not another on first start (SeaMonkey and Thunderbird).
- Fixed: Indentation of some menu items of the toolbar icon's menu too large (Songbird).
- Fixed: Adblock Plus initialization fails (Prism).
- Added explicit support for blocking fonts (@font-type CSS directive in Firefox 3.5).
- Clearing browsing history in Firefox now clears hit statistics in Adblock Plus as well (this can be disabled with the hidden extensions.adblockplus.clearStatsOnHistoryPurge preference, forum topic).
- Cleaned up data management code, made sure Adblock Plus doesn't use up more memory than necessary.
- Fixed: Webpages can easily detect "Collapse blocked elements" option.
- Fixed: An error is reported to console on first run (patterns.ini not found).
- Fixed: Domain-restricted filters were applied to pages opened from disk.