Detailed changelog for Adblock Plus 1.3.5
The following lists the major changes compared to Adblock Plus 1.3.3.
- Firefox Mobile 4 is now supported, support for Firefox Mobile 1.0 has been dropped.
- K-Meleon 1.6 is now mostly supported (special builds required).
Added support for Do-Not-Track header proposal (DNT),
a filter like
*$donottrackwill cause the header to be sent to all locations (forum topic).
- Added an experimental "Recommend us on Facebook" button to the menu allowing easily recommending Adblock Plus — only displayed to Facebook users.
- Malay and Estonian translations are included again.
- Allowed shortcut key preferences to have multiple values, the first available shortcut key is used. Changed default Preferences key to Ctrl-Shift-E (used in Firefox 3.x), Ctrl-Shift-F (used in Firefox 4) or Ctrl-Shift-O (Firefox 4 on Mac OS X).
- Special icon state for "whitelisted" websites has been removed, the icon is now showing as "disabled" on such sites as well (forum topic).
- "Enable Adblock Plus" menu item has been renamed into "Disable everywhere".
- Firefox Mobile: First-run page is now more suitable for a small screen.
- Fixed: Contents of first-run page are sometimes cut off (forum topic).
- Fixed: "Edit filter in effect" in blockable items doesn't work correctly if Preferences dialog is already open.
- Disallowed reports with too many filter subscriptions.
- Disallowed reports for certain types of pages (in particular blank tabs, e-mails, local pages, extension pages).
- Thunderbird: Better reporting for blog posts, blog post address is now being sent instead of a meaningless mailbox address.
- Fixed: Disabled filter subscriptions should not be included in the report (forum topic).
- Implemented a faster filter matching algorithm (forum topic).
- patterns.ini file will only be saved on shutdown if some data actually changed.
- Matching and element hiding data are now cached in the Adblock Plus data directory to reduce startup time.
- Changed the way patterns.ini file is written to prevent data loss even if computer is switched off abruptly.
- Corrupted patterns.ini files are now recognized, a backup file is loaded automatically if available.
- Fixed: Element hiding rules might occasionally cause crashes (regression in Adblock Plus 1.3.3).
- Fixed: Disabling filters from the list of blockable items doesn't actually disable the filter in Firefox 3.6.