Detailed changelog for Adblock Plus 2.1
The following lists the major changes compared to Adblock Plus 2.0.3.
- Adblock Plus can be installed without restarting the browser now.
- Added support for Firefox Mobile 14.
- Better Thunderbird integration, in particular the Adblock Plus user interface is working with web page tabs correctly now.
- Implemented element hiding exceptions (mostly useful for subscription authors).
- Filter composer: Removed warning when adding filters to a disabled group, a new group is created if no enabled group can be found for the filter.
- Filter preferences: Various improvements for a better overview (forum topic, forum topic, forum topic).
- Filter preferences: Fixed wrong warning message when deleting filter groups.
- Issue reporter: Force a filter subscription update when reporting a false positive (forum topic).
- Issue reporter: Sending issue reports is no longer allowed if the filter subscription hasn't been updated in the past two weeks.
- Custom About dialog has been removed, using the browser's built-in dialog now.
- Fixed: Tabs on Flash and Java no longer have rounded corners in Firefox 13 (forum topic).
- The shortcut key for Blockable items in Firefox 15 and above is Ctrl-Shift-U now, the old shortcut key is no longer available.
object-subrequestare accepted as well, searching for
object_subrequestis no longer required (forum topic).
- Fixed: The list will sometimes reload even though the current page stays the same.
- Fixed: Context menu might suggest disabling the filter on wrong domain (forum topic).
- Fixed: Context menu might prevent page elements from being garbage collected (bug 727739).
- Fixed: The tooltip might get displayed on top of the context menu.
- Adblock Plus can now be installed in any application based on Gecko 8.0 and higher, in particular Firefox 8, Thunderbird 8, SeaMonkey 2.5. Older versions are no longer supported, XUL-based Firefox Mobile releases like Firefox Mobile 10 aren't supported either.
Filter subscriptions can set their title automatically using
! Titlecomment (forum topic).
- Improved memory use and performance, especially fixed the regression in Firefox 15 and above.
cache.jsfile, it's a frequent source of stability issues.
- Switched to asynchronous file read/write operations to improve user interface responsiveness.
- Fixed: Object tabs are causing "can't access dead object" message in Error Console of Firefox 15 and above.
- Fixed handling of trailing dots in domain names (forum topic).