Websites Forcing Me to Disable

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
nobody0

Websites Forcing Me to Disable

Post by nobody0 »

Fedup with websites asking me to uninstall adblock otherwise I can't view the webpage. It needs updating to bypass the detection, almost every website spams me for using ad blocker I just leave it disabled it's now become a useless addon.
Luna Moon

Re: Websites Forcing Me to Disable

Post by Luna Moon »

It works just fine for me. Only a few news sites ask me to deactivate the addon. Do you have the problem with random sites or specific ones like news etc.?
ihateads_girl

Post by ihateads_girl »

Hi, i also experienced this problem with news site, on normal or random sites i visit, i have never gotten this request again.. so maybe there's another problem with the ad block plugin?
Kiriakos-GR

Post by Kiriakos-GR »

I have similar problems with eBay messaging system and messages frame gets blocked for as long it detect Adblock plug-in loaded.

I can only think one workaround and suggest it to developers team.
Adblock Plus will install two icons at Firefox navigation bar, one of them will be a shortcut for deactivation equal to what it happens at Tools -> Add-on -> panel.
Then first click at normal Adblock Plus icon this will reactivate it.

The all concept this is a more hassle free deactivation at a time visiting of a problematic in policies website.
gonzal1

Post by gonzal1 »

I have found a solution that works in most cases. I installed the YesScript2 addon and when a website blocks my access asking me to disable ABP a single click on the YesScript icon and the blocking disappears.
Kiriakos-GR

Post by Kiriakos-GR »

The problem this is still alive, especially within eBay.
While with the software active, I can navigate at entire eBay and perform most actions, at messages eBay content appears as a frozen frame, I can see only 15% and then I can not scroll down to see the entire message.
I have to disable the add-on and to reload the page.
Kiriakos-GR

Post by Kiriakos-GR »

JuliaShuler wrote:Same for me, some sites still ask me to turn it off
This is a bit irrelevant, websites which demand Add-blocker to be turned off, they are at the hand of poor in skills web-admins.

Some websites as is e-Bay, they use content placed within a frame, as is the e-Bay messaging.
Adblock blocks the functionality due error, and this it could be fixed if e-Bay website code gets evaluated and reviewed.

Now I am a believer that no one has the mood or skills to do such a job, and this is why I am now opt out from following this thread.