forums.macrumors.com issues

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
FredAkbar

forums.macrumors.com issues

Post by FredAkbar »

Hi all,

I use and enjoy Adblock Plus. The only issue I've seen is that pages in the MacRumors forums (forums.macrumors.com) almost always go blank after they're done loading. The only way for me to see an MR forum page is to click the Stop Loading button just before it finishes loading. The frontpage of MacRumors (macrumors.com) is a little messed up too. Both of the issues only occur when I have Adblock Plus enabled. I pretty much block all ad domains that I encounter, so all the major ones, e.g. doubleclick, tribalfusion, page2ads.google.com, etc.

Firefox Beta 1 (actually right now I'm on a September 24 G5-optimized nightly build from here), Adblock Plus 0.5.9.2, Mac OS X 10.4.2.

Anyone know if/when this will be fixed?
Alan

Re: forums.macrumors.com issues

Post by Alan »

FredAkbar wrote:Hi all,

I use and enjoy Adblock Plus. The only issue I've seen is that pages in the MacRumors forums (forums.macrumors.com) almost always go blank after they're done loading. The only way for me to see an MR forum page is to click the Stop Loading button just before it finishes loading. The frontpage of MacRumors (macrumors.com) is a little messed up too. Both of the issues only occur when I have Adblock Plus enabled. I pretty much block all ad domains that I encounter, so all the major ones, e.g. doubleclick, tribalfusion, page2ads.google.com, etc.

Firefox Beta 1 (actually right now I'm on a September 24 G5-optimized nightly build from here), Adblock Plus 0.5.9.2, Mac OS X 10.4.2.

Anyone know if/when this will be fixed?
Both sites look fine to me, Fred. I'm using the current version of Filterset.G. I doubt that there's anything for someone else to fix. It sounds like it might be just your filters.
--
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7
Adblock_Plus_0.5.9.2_enh.xpi
FredAkbar

Post by FredAkbar »

Your sig says you're using Firefox 1.0.7 (not the trunk, i.e. 1.5) and Windows, not Mac OS X. Could that make a difference?
Alan

Post by Alan »

FredAkbar wrote:Your sig says you're using Firefox 1.0.7 (not the trunk, i.e. 1.5) and Windows, not Mac OS X. Could that make a difference?
That's certainly possible, but the kind of problems you describe are usually related to a filterset or Adblock settings problem. What do your macrumors pages look like if you run Adblock with an empty filterset? What are your Adblock settings? Have you tested Adblock with Filterset.G? HTH.
--
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7
Adblock_Plus_0.5.9.2_enh.xpi
FredAkbar

Post by FredAkbar »

Well, I deleted my filterset (basically a custom-made one; just all the domain matches I've accumulated, like the ones I mentioned above), and then it worked fine, since it wasn't blocking anything. Then I installed Filterset.G and it still works fine, with all ads blocked nicely. So the problem has somehow been solved. Thanks!
Alan

Post by Alan »

FredAkbar wrote:Thanks!
Your most welcome. Thank you for letting me know that it worked for you.