adblock not working

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey

Re: adblock not working

Postby Ken B » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:38 pm

Adblock seems to stop working after restarting FF. If I Disable and Enable again, it seems to start back up.

Is there a problem with the Addon or with FF ?
Ken B
 

Re: adblock not working

Postby Sue Bee » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:47 am

Just realized adblock no longer will allow you to check the box that says "SHOW IN ADD ON BAR" so I am not able to see any add on bar anywhere. Which means I can't disable it whenever needed unless I open up the options and go from there. Just started acting up too, and I've used it for years. Please let me know how to fix this
Thanks
Sue
Sue Bee
 

Re: adblock not working

Postby Sue Bee » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:49 am

Sue Bee wrote:Just realized adblock no longer will allow you to check the box that says "SHOW IN ADD ON BAR" so I am not able to see any add on bar anywhere. Which means I can't disable it whenever needed unless I open up the options and go from there. Just started acting up too, and I've used it for years. Please let me know how to fix this
Thanks
Sue


Okay, my bad LOL I didn't realize the AddOn Bar wasn't enabled. Sorry.
Sue Bee
 

Re: adblock not working

Postby RChook » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:32 pm

woopwoop wrote:I unchecked the "Disable everywhere" option in the add-on preferences page to see what it did, suddenly it works again?
I assumed that this option meant disable ads, especially as it was checked by default when I installed the software, now i'm thinking it means disable the adbock software (why it even has this extra disable option is beyond me)

I had facebook open in a separate tab and the ads turned off and on as I was unchecking and checking that option.

so yeah, if someone else wants to give that a try and see if it gives the same results, it appears to have sorted my issues :D

Thanks woopwoop, great info.
I was tearing my hair out with the sudden re-appearance of ads in my Firefox a couple of days ago ( I had forgotten how really annoying they are !)
Your excellent advice has fixed it and I am now ad. free again. :D :D :D
RChook
 

Re: adblock not working

Postby w3000 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Ken B wrote:Adblock seems to stop working after restarting FF. If I Disable and Enable again, it seems to start back up.

Is there a problem with the Addon or with FF ?


I have the same problem, it stops working after closing firefox and after opening it again the adblock doesn't work, I need to turn it off and on and that helps, but is there any way to have this issue fix permanently? thx in advance
w3000
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:16 pm


Re: adblock not working

Postby Siliverien » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:15 pm

I'm having the same problem! I tried the link that someone posted, but that didn't help either. I really hope they fix it soon! I'm really getting sick of all these ads.
Siliverien
 

Re: adblock not working

Postby mapx » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:17 pm

Siliverien wrote:I'm having the same problem! I tried the link that someone posted, but that didn't help either. I really hope they fix it soon! I'm really getting sick of all these ads.


did you reset firefox ?
User avatar
mapx
 
Posts: 21462
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: adblock not working

Postby screw adds » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:01 am

Try this chrome extension it's an alternative to adblock let me know if it works I have no problem now
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... e-ntp-icon
screw adds
 

Re: adblock not working

Postby same guy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:04 am

screw adds wrote:Try this chrome extension it's an alternative to adblock let me know if it works I have no problem now
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... e-ntp-icon

Sorry never mind still not working :'(
same guy
 

Re: adblock not working

Postby mapx » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:08 am

same guy wrote:
screw adds wrote:Try this chrome extension it's an alternative to adblock let me know if it works I have no problem now
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... e-ntp-icon

Sorry never mind still not working :'(


not working what ?
reset firefox
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/res ... t-problems
User avatar
mapx
 
Posts: 21462
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: adblock not working

Postby sameguy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:29 am

lol haven't seen adds in so long forgot how inappropriate they are
sameguy
 

Re: adblock not working

Postby johntf » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:56 am

Hi angry, I too have the same problem since two days. I don’t know what the hell happened to the add-on it was working fine till then. I hope that it gets fixed fast. If you find a fix, please let me know.
johntf
 


Re: adblock not working

Postby me » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:12 pm

go to tools, open it. Then to adblock plus then over to right and uncheck disable everywhere.
me
 

PreviousNext

Return to Adblock Plus for Firefox support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests