adblock not working

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
christ_france

Re: adblock not working

Post by christ_france »

cont'

sorry !

I have firefox 10.05.5 with kde mandriva

chris
mick

Post by mick »

I just got mine working again! I downloaded an earlier version of ff installed it and then let ff update again then removed adblock and reinstalled and the button appered in bottom lefthand corner but was grey i clicked on it and the disable everywhere was ticked i unticked and now abp is working again!
janedoe357

Post by janedoe357 »

same as everyone else... SOOO aggravating!!
trailingedge

re-install fixed it Re: adblock not working

Post by trailingedge »

My ABP icon disappeared, the "filter subscriptions" button was dead, and my ABP toolbar was blank; ads were showing.

I went to http://adblockplus.org/en/ and downloaded the install again, allowing Firefox to install the add-on.

Problem went away immediately. My old subscriptions also came back.

Everything fine now.
unhappy

Re: re-install fixed it Re: adblock not working

Post by unhappy »

trailingedge wrote:My ABP icon disappeared, the "filter subscriptions" button was dead, and my ABP toolbar was blank; ads were showing.

I went to http://adblockplus.org/en/ and downloaded the install again, allowing Firefox to install the add-on.

Everything fine now.
I did the same, and I have the ABP button back, and no ads on at least one of the pages which had suddenly sprouted them. Hopefully all is now fixed, but I figure it's wait-and-see time.

For what it's worth, I did not experience the same problem with chrome, and have been using it in place of firefox since I first posted about this some time yesterday.
Vertimyst

Re: re-install fixed it Re: adblock not working

Post by Vertimyst »

trailingedge wrote:My ABP icon disappeared, the "filter subscriptions" button was dead, and my ABP toolbar was blank; ads were showing.

Everything fine now.
Thanks, this worked for me as well.
leboutte

Post by leboutte »

Same problem whithh brand New French Mozilla firefox for Windows (13.0.1) and the latest ABP....
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

Please make sure you have at least the latest stable ABP (Adblock Plus 2.1.1) or if problems persist try a development build.

http://adblockplus.org/en/development-builds
Bufflehead

Post by Bufflehead »

2.1.1 did not fix the problem for me but installing the developer build did (using Firefox 13.0.1 on Windows XP Pro btw). Thanks for the tip -- not being able to adblock stuff was driving me batty.
KirkH420

Post by KirkH420 »

i just went to this site and downloaded the version previous to the one released on the 28th.... ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/ ) you'll notice that the adblock status bar appears after you install the old version. it works just fine now. dont forget to turn off Automatic updates in Adblock's settings... turn em back on when they've got a stable working version out
Sylvie

Post by Sylvie »

angry wrote:I've had adblock installed for about 6 months now since I got my new computer. I've never had any problems with viewing ads. But, all of a sudden, I'm seeing ads again. On youtube and facebook. I haven't checked other sites yet.

The only thing I could attribute to this is the storms knocked out my power while my browser was still open. I turned my computer back on and started seeing ads. Not sure if the two are related, but that's the only thing I can think of.

I remove adblock and reinstalled it, it's still not working. someone please help
Canada ?????
Canada ???? Why ???? :x :roll: :(
Sylviedes
Sylviedes

Post by Sylviedes »

Sylvie wrote:
angry wrote:I've had adblock installed for about 6 months now since I got my new computer. I've never had any problems with viewing ads. But, all of a sudden, I'm seeing ads again. On youtube and facebook. I haven't checked other sites yet.

The only thing I could attribute to this is the storms knocked out my power while my browser was still open. I turned my computer back on and started seeing ads. Not sure if the two are related, but that's the only thing I can think of.

I remove adblock and reinstalled it, it's still not working. someone please help
Canada ?????
Canada ???? Why ???? :x :roll: :(
Sylviedes
I am sorry no speak english...
sylviedes

Post by sylviedes »

I'm having the same issue, using Firefox 13.01. Last night I noticed images weren't loading, but I thought it was just an error specific to the site I was using. Then this morning, I noticed that I was seeing ads again. I have tried changing the filters, and uninstalling and then re-installing, restarting my laptop, but there's no difference, and the Adblock bar at the bottom has disappeared. And every time I go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... lock-plus/ it shows that it has not been installed, even though it is listed in my ad-on manager. :?: I'm not sure if this is a FF issue, ABP issue, or both. :([/quote]

I amThunderbird, adbolk not for Canada ??? Why why
Tank you sorry.... :?: :x :x :oops: :|
itechguru247

Post by itechguru247 »

Ctrl Shift E
in menu bar, click Filters
click Add Filter Subscription
click [Subscribe] button :P

Firefox Not Working
Mr Obvious

Post by Mr Obvious »

All Ctrl+Shift+E does is collapse all the tabs.
How is that supposed to help?