Adblock is blocking Captchas on ALL websites that have them.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
vancity

Adblock is blocking Captchas on ALL websites that have them.

Post by vancity »

My Adblock Plus is blocking captchas on any website that has them... Its a problem that seemed to start more recently.... Because it blocks captchas I am unable to submit most online forms (Contact us pages or pages to send messages to users of a website or something because it requires a captcha before sending). My current subscriptions are easy List, Fanboys ultimate list. I had easy list and fanboy list where it did the same thing and i added fanboy ultimate and it does the same too.....

Running Firefox 15.0.1
Hubird

Re: Adblock is blocking Captchas on ALL websites that have them.

Post by Hubird »

First you should not use overlapping subscriptions (Fanboy and EasyList are designed for the same thing, using both does more harm than good), choose one or the other.

If you are using Fanboy Ultimate there is no need for the standard fanboy list.

Now on to your problem, please visit a problematic page and create an ABP issue report (instructions below). Post a link to the report here and we can take a look.
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

A link to the website/capcha? nothing in the list that directly blocks capchas..
Jordan Olex

Post by Jordan Olex »

I also have captcha blocked on some sites. I have to disable the ABP for one minute.