siteblocking = hostlist.1

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
ghost

siteblocking = hostlist.1

Post by ghost »

Is adblock working with hostlist.1 of firefox? If it is so, forget this post, if it does not, it would be a great improvment in my opinion.
mcm

Post by mcm »

No it doesn't, it uses the same method that it does for blocking images. Do you know where I can find information on the hostlist.1 file?

Post by Guest »

Sorry, I made a mistake, it is not called hostlist.1, but hostperm.1; it is located at the profiles folder. http://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Mvl/permissions

For more info search Mozilla.org and Mozillazine.
mcm

Post by mcm »

Well from the looks of it, it uses the same internal component to block those elements as what Adblock does. Problem is though you would still be blocking sites if Adblock was removed if I used that file and that could cause quite a bit of confusion.
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

I'll say, don't like that idea at all. But what about a separate file instead of the filters being added to prefs? Makes a mess of the prefs, in my opinion. Having said that I have no idea how this stuff works or how hard it would be to do this. I'm asking here, not acting as though I know more then others. It's just something I've always wondered.