The freedom to annoy customers

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Wladimir Palant

The freedom to annoy customers

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Danny Carlton is continuing to entertain me, and I still see interesting opinions on the whole debate every day. They are probably not worth posting in the blog, but I would still like to share. Here come the first two:

Interpreting the term freedom to suit one’s convenience

Is blocking ads on websites evil?

By the way, did anybody actually try to read Carlton's blog? I decided to take a look yesterday - and after 5 minutes I was wondering how somebody could take him seriously. This man didn't make an idiot out of himself just now, he has been doing it systematically for years...
rick752

Post by rick752 »

Yeah .. no kidding! And look at all the fun you gave up just to get married. :lol:

Talk about your religious, right-wing nutcake. This guy is just mentally detached ... definitely delusional and and some kind of clueless social retard. :roll:
elvisthepelvis

Post by elvisthepelvis »

I bet when Danny gets to heaven god says to St Paul "Oh shit its Danny Carlton, look the guys an idiot, get rid of him, I dont know tell him I'm out or ill or something, no actually tell him I am having dinner with the people from Adblock Plus"
Wladimir Palant

Wladimir Palant

Somebody seems to know what he is talking about - Whiting out ads: Is AdBlock even Necessary?
jstoddard

Post by jstoddard »

I thought I'd just drop by to mention that I'm a new AdBlock Plus user thanks to the free publicity from Danny Carlton.

I've known about AdBlock and AdBlock Plus for quite a while -- I help about half the people I introduce to Firefox to install it -- but haven't really felt the need to use it myself. Well that all changed when Danny Carlton thought he needed to make a big stink over it and be an a**hole in general, so I've decided it's important to assert my right to choose what content I download. Thanks for providing me with a way to do so!
Wladimir Palant

Wladimir Palant

Wladimir Palant

Wladimir Palant

Bishop

Ads are bad behaviour of culture

Post by Bishop »

Hi friends

I quote:
First of all, why do websites run ads?
To make money.
Yes, thats true.
I, and most other people, don’t have any problem with this.
I think those people are very few. I have a very big problem to see ads in television, interuppting the film, i hav problems see ads in internet, extending the loading time AND could COST my MONEY, if i use PHONE INTERNET. Thats an argument against ads, which is fit for all other arguments. (whos arguments are so strict and clear, i can use such arguments to - yeah).
We’re used to it. You have ads in magazines, commercials on TV, billboards on highways. I place ads on my websites as well.
AND THIS MUST CHANGE.
What a world it is, when we have more ads, than we have the life to do this, what the ad is telling us to do!?

And i hate ads. I am getting angry, and i think, removing ads could be seen in such way : as a way to calm down the world. Hehehe.

The intendt of ads are manipulating the wish of the people, but what they only do in fact is some color and a nive face or a nude and so on. VERY PRIMITIVE. And thats no CULTURE. We just need more culture.

Greets
[/quote]
Marcus Cardiff

Post by Marcus Cardiff »

It's not just the fact that the ads are there,

I had to install ad block because if I tried to open too many windows with flash ads playing, the combined effect drained so much of my CPU that Firefos stopped working completely.

So I say it's the advertisers that are taking advantage of my computing power for their own ends , and without my consent

Now they'll have to suck someone elses computer dry,
Now my browsing runs smooth as an oiled kitten on ice.

So I say shove it to these advertisers and web admins.

Marcus
rick752

Post by rick752 »

Marcus Cardiff wrote:
Now my browsing runs smooth as an oiled kitten on ice ....
LOL! Now THAT is a visual! :lol:
Wladimir Palant