Development Builds

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
mcm

Development Builds

Post by mcm »

Homepage: http://bene.sitesled.com/adblock.htm
Forums: http://p2.forumforfree.com/adblockplus.html
Trac: https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/Adblock/trac.cgi/
Change Log: http://adblockplus.webhop.org/changelog.txt
Locales: en-US, it-IT, ru-RU, de-DE, nl-NL, fr-FR, zh-TW, ja-JP, zh-CN, cs-CZ, hu-HU, es-ES, pt-BR, pl-PL

English - Fx 1.5 or higher
http://adblockplus.webhop.org/adblock_p ... _en-US.xpi

International - All Fx and Mz versions
http://adblockplus.webhop.org/adblock_plus_0.5.11.xpi

Notes:
If Firefox stalls for a long time when loading pages or you experience crashes and have the session saver extension installed then try disabling the "Check DIV Elements" preference.
mcm

Post by mcm »

Currently Adblock Plus does not work to well on the latest trunk builds of Firefox. If you are using that version of Firefox then here's a version that should mostly work. Note you need to refresh the page after adding a filter before it will take affect.

http://adblockplus.webhop.org/adblock_xpc.xpi
Ger Teunis

Post by Ger Teunis »

Sorry, but the hacked version doesn't seem to work here. Still only seeing the alt text in stead of the image.

I tested it on site:
http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/lis ... es/1047034
mcm

Post by mcm »

Indeed, I just made a quick attempt to get it working from the information in this bug report without testing it. However, I've tested it now and the main development build has now been fixed.
lissyx

Post by lissyx »

mcm wrote:Indeed, I just made a quick attempt to get it working from the information in this bug report without testing it. However, I've tested it now and the main development build has now been fixed.
Just tested with 20051002 Build, and it's still broken for me. here is what I get in the JS Console :

Code: Select all

Error: apiConstants has no properties
Source File: chrome://adblock/content/filterall.js
Line: 28

Line: 364

Error: flasher has no properties
Line: 155
mcm

Post by mcm »

What about build 20051004?
lissyx

Post by lissyx »

With both 20051004 (SeaMonkey 1.1a 2005100405 and AdBlock Plus dev 20051004), i'm still getting this in the JS console :

startup:

Line: 28
clicking "ok" in the AdBlock list of blockable elements

Line: 371
clicking "cancel" in this list

Error: flasher has no properties
Line: 155
mcm

Post by mcm »

Ok will test with the latest Seamonkey (I was only going by others who said the changes fixed it for them on Seamonkey).

Edit
Ok just downloaded Seamonkey 20051005 and it worked for me. Try with a new profile. "Tools->Switch Profile->Manage Profile->Create Profile". The select the new profile and click on "Use Profile".
lissyx

Post by lissyx »

mcm wrote:Ok will test with the latest Seamonkey (I was only going by others who said the changes fixed it for them on Seamonkey).

Edit
Ok just downloaded Seamonkey 20051005 and it worked for me. Try with a new profile. "Tools->Switch Profile->Manage Profile->Create Profile". The select the new profile and click on "Use Profile".
Just tried with SeaMonkey 1.1a 2005100505, with Adblock Plus 20051006, and here is what i'm getting ...

Mod: edited picture so thread isn't too wide on low-res displays.

Just starting Adblock (first error on chrome://adblock), then clicking "ok" (second), then clicking "cancel" (third) and then closing, the two last errors.

And, for sure, i've totally deleted SeaMonkey's directory, and created a new profile.
mcm

Post by mcm »

I'm not sure lissyx but you needn't keep quoting the errors, the first time was enough. However, I can't really fix the problem unless I can reproduce it so is there anything you did out of habit when you started with a new program and profile directory for example you've changed the default theme and that could have an impact.

I can't do much with the errors on the their own because I don't see why the 2nd and 3rd ones should occur and the last two I don't see how they could occur because since implementing background support in 20051006 I now check the flasher object before I try anything on it.
lissyx

Post by lissyx »

mcm wrote:I'm not sure lissyx but you needn't keep quoting the errors the first time was enough. However, I can't really fix the problem unless I can reproduce them so is there anything you did out of habit when you started with a clean program directory and profile like drag the status bar icon to the far left hand site?

I can't do much with the errors on the their own because I don't see why the 2nd and 3rd ones should occur and the last two I don't see how they could occur because since implementing background support I now check the flasher object before I try anything on it.
What I done :

Delete SeaMonkey application directory. Extract the last nightly. Starts SeaMonkey with my usual profile. Create one profile from scratch, using "Tools -> Switch Profile ... -> Manage Profile -> Create Profile".
Then, close all SeaMonkey occurrences. Start with the freshly created profile, do "File -> Open File ...", selecting the latest adblock_plus_dev.xpi i've just download a couple of minute before, validating the User Profile installation. Next, restart SeaMonkey using the same profile, clicking on the "Adblock" link, at bottom right.

And I quoted, because erreurs weren't on the same line, I was thinking it might help you.

Edit : tested with "classic" Theme.
mcm

Post by mcm »

lissyx wrote:And I quoted, because erreurs weren't on the same line, I was thinking it might help you.
Fair enough, I'm not complaining just letting you know.

As a long shot are you happy zipping up your newly created profile and sending it to me (not your main one because you will have sensitve information in it) to mcm.ham@gmail.com you've got me curious what's going on because there's nothing I can do to reproduce the problems.
lissyx

Post by lissyx »

mcm wrote:
lissyx wrote:And I quoted, because erreurs weren't on the same line, I was thinking it might help you.
Fair enough, I'm not complaining just letting you know.

As a long shot are you happy zipping up your newly created profile and sending it to me (not your main one because you will have sensitve information in it) to mcm.ham@gmail.com
It's in your mailbox :)
mcm

Post by mcm »

Thank you lissyx, normally people aren't so abliging which means I'm left with the difficult task of reproducing their problem. I'm not getting Adblock to load with your profile for some reason but I am getting your first error which I could never reproduce but at least I have something to go by now. Will let you know what I find out. Out of curiosity I'll send you a profile that works for me just to see if it works for you as well.

Edit
Actually there is one other thing you should try, open up the "%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data" directory and remove the Mozilla folder.

Edit 2
Well I forgot with the older style profiles you need to change all the paths in "9m3fkagr.slt\chrome\chrome.rdf" file. After that your profile worked fine with no errors. Hopefully the suggestion above will work for you.
lissyx

Post by lissyx »

Ok, i'll try this later in the night. Thanks.

Edit: Hmm, I've put the zip you sent me, changing path so it work with my config, replacing all files from "tessst" profile I sent to you, and got something completely unsuable (no menu bar, no status bar, and so more).