Missing Adblock tag attached to blockable swf

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Moon

Missing Adblock tag attached to blockable swf

Post by Moon »

I've just switched to give Adblock+ a try and I'm missing the little Adblock tags that were attached to blockable swf items in the original Adblock (see attached screenshot, the items themselves are already blocked, the tag is visible).

The big advantage of those tags is that you can right-click on them and block the item, when you don't have those tags a right-click on the item itself only brings up the context menu of Macromedia's player. The only way to block this item is to click on the Adblock icon in the status bar and browse through all blockable items which makes it hard to find the right one.

Alan

Re: Missing Adblock tag attached to blockable swf

Post by Alan »

That isn't the only way. ;) Adblock also supports overlaying a flash objects with Ctrl-Shift-F. Left-click->OK blocks the item.

EDIT: That feature was broken in Fx 1.5. I upgraded to Adblock Plus 0.5.10.20051201 to get Overlay Flash working again.
--
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5
Adblock Plus 0.5.10.20051201
Moon

Post by Moon »

I don't want to overlay all Flash objects. I wanna see what it is and only then decide wether I wanna block it or not. And having the tag attached to it is much easier than browsing all blockable items on the page, is it not?
mcm

Post by mcm »

Then enable "Tools->Adblock Plus->Preferences->Adblock Options->Obj-tabs".