a website that blocks you if your using adblock

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
jeeves

Post by jeeves »

Nevermind i figured it out
BillyDally

Post by BillyDally »

Case to share?
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

The last whitelist in this thread (July) is still working:
Hubird wrote:Try

Code: Select all

@@http://ads.adbrite.com/mb/text_group.php?sid=219967&zs=3330305f323530
Jim

Post by Jim »

Well the last whitelist stopped working for me yesterday. At least partially I can read the articles on the right column but those in the left column I can't, I get the dreaded "You are getting this message..." Anyone have any clues last time I was having this problem it was NoScript causing it and I had to disable it to get the whitelist working this time it seems to be something else.
rick752

Post by rick752 »

EDITED:
Try this:

@@3030&*.pwinsider.com
deadman36g

Post by deadman36g »

Thanks for the update rick752, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
HankTheDwarf

Post by HankTheDwarf »

I got the message yet again on PWI and figured out this whitelist code to get the content back:

@@http://ads.adbrite.com/adserver/inline_keywords.php*
Hope that helps.
Jim

Post by Jim »

LOL! That is interesting people. Rick752 the code you provided works fine for me and the other one listed here does not. Of course I have no idea why one whitelist seems to work for some users and not for others.
lester

Post by lester »

From what I understand their programmer at the pw insider dan is working on a way around the adblock filter so thats probably why at times the filter wont work. That comes from a friend of a friend of someone who is very integral at the site. Dont want to say who because I dont want to get him in trouble.
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

It is no secret that they change the site to defeat the whitelist. It does not really matter because we just come up with a new whitelist rule.
Last edited by Hubird on Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
STFU9

Post by STFU9 »

rick752 wrote:I don't see any problem like that from that site at all. Works fine.

(Strange all the guests that "found" this topic ... and all with the same writing style too. Hmm :roll:)
I found this thread through another wrestling website's messageboard.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

They've done it again. I got their little message because I use adblock plus. Anything you folks can do to help?
ToMMyHR

Post by ToMMyHR »

yup, just got it too, it was working fine not even 2 hrs ago. :(
The Midnight Rider

Post by The Midnight Rider »

This seemed to work for me:

@@3530&*.pwinsider.com
ToMMyHR

Post by ToMMyHR »

Thanks a lot Midnight Rider, that worked! :D :D