Installation problems with 0.5.8+_july19 & Fx 1.0.6

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
ASkwar

Installation problems with 0.5.8+_july19 & Fx 1.0.6

Post by ASkwar »

Hello.

On my Gentoo Linux machine, I installed the Gentoo mozilla-firefox-bin-1.0.6 package. This is Firefox 1.0.6 the way it has been compiled by mozilla.org. It is installed in system directories (/opt/firefox) to which the normal user of course has no write permission.

In a new profile (ie. one with no other extensions, themes or customizations) I tried to install Adblock_Plus_0.5.8+_july19.xpi. After clicking on the link, I quit Firefox and restarted it. In the terminal from which I started firefox-bin, I get this error:

Code: Select all

$ /usr/bin/firefox-bin -ProfileManager

(Gecko:5533): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_get(): length value has wrapped in calculation (did you pass G_MAXLONG?)

(firefox-bin:5533): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_get(): length value has wrapped in calculation (did you pass G_MAXLONG?)
*** loading the extensions datasource
*** nsExtensionManager::_finishOperations - failure, catching exception so finalize window can close [Exception... "Cannot modify properties of a WrappedNative"  nsresult: "0x80570034 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_MODIFY_PROP_ON_WN)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///opt/firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js :: nsExtensionInstaller_install :: line 957"  data: no]
In the extension window, I see:
This item will be uninstalled after you restart Firefox.
Seems Adblock Plus won't install.

What am I doing wrong and how do I get it to install?

Thanks,
Alexander
ASkwar

Dev Builds work!

Post by ASkwar »

No installation problem with the Development Builds.

Wrong packaging/installer?

Post by Guest »

I tried to install the same package on Mozilla 1.7.7 MacOS X.

I had to unpack/repack the package (using unzip/zip), as it seems one filename does not match the installation script:

I moved
chrome/adblock.zip
to
chrome/adblock.jar

and repacked under another name (to not touch the original file).

The new package worked fine.
mcm

Post by mcm »

Apologies for this, the fixed builds are now up.