temporarily disabling adblock to watch a program

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
lmschleiger@yahoo.com

temporarily disabling adblock to watch a program

Post by lmschleiger@yahoo.com »

I don't know where to find adblock to disable it to watch a program on the internet. I need step by step instructions please. I have very poor vision so I am slow. You will need patience. Thank you for any help you can give me. Marcia
mapx

Re: temporarily disabling adblock to watch a program

Post by mapx »

0.why do you want to disable ABP ? does ABP block the program ? (the flash player for that program)
you could post here the link you use to see the program, perhaps someone will find a useful filter

here the intructions to disable ABP (for the page or completely)

1.if you see this icon (top right or bottom)

go to the program site, then click the icon, choose "disable on your_site"

2.if you don't see the icon ... then you have to completely disable ABP
use ctrl+shift+A shortcut to go in the addons panel (or click in the menu: Tools, choose Add-ons)
see where is ABP, click Disable

when the program ends go again in the Add-ons panel and Enable ABP
jj

Post by jj »

I did option n.2 the other day and enabled adblock back on after the program. However, it seems that adblock is still disabled. I see all sorts of adverts I didn't see before and there are adverts during programs that didn't have it before. In the adblock options, it is marked as enabled. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but it still doesn't work. I have also checked the filter preferences and have disabled the "allow some intrusive adverts", but adverts are still showing. Adblock has worked great for me for many years until this problem.

Can you help?

Thanks!
mapx

Post by mapx »

first of all, if you see sites / programs with ads report them here in the forum and if possible someone will find the right filter to block the ads

Do you see the ABP red icon on the top right corner ?
If you see it click it and be sure "disable everywhere" is unchecked
click abp icon, filter preferences, "filter subscriptions" tab ==> do you have easylist enabled ?
jj

Post by jj »

Thanks for your message!

It was the "disable everywhere" filter that was the problem. I unchecked it and the adverts are gone! Thank you!