Find / search / cltr-f *still* broken

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
FindBlues

Find / search / cltr-f *still* broken

Post by FindBlues »

I just upgraded to FF 28.0 and adblock's find still doesn't work for me.

A while ago (a month) I created a post for this problem. Many other people have brought up the issue.

mapx, I understand the importance of running a tight ship. I am also aware that Adlbock is a fantastic tool that I get to use for free. But immediately locking down any and all posts on this issue isn't the friendliest way to do things.

You've given people this link: Issue 5938722247802880: Support the new findbar API - Code Review. I can't understand that page. I have no idea how to instal a diff (or patch or whatever it is). I am not a programmer. I assume that's true of nearly everybody that's posted.

You (or another mod) could make a sticky and keep us all updated as to:
  • How to install the diff (or patch or whatever it is).
  • Keep us updated about when (if ever) find is going to finally be fixed.
A sticky allows people to comment and doesn't create the Nth post on this topic. It seems like a win-win to me.

Hmm... I wonder how this post will be received.
mapx

Re: Find / search / cltr-f *still* broken

Post by mapx »

install the last dev build
devbuilds/adblockplus/00latest.xpi

btw, I only indicated that the devs are working to a patch to solve an issue, you can not install those patches still in review process (but you can install the various dev builds)

edit:
if it's about the find issue, I also suggested (in that topic) to install the last dev build

why the last dev build ? ==> the last stable is from 20 february
the issue (due to a new API from firefox) was solved:
#3781: 2014-03-18 17:07 +0100 Felix Dahlke
Support the new findbar API Review: http://codereview.adblockplus.org/5938722247802880/
FindBlues

Re: Find / search / cltr-f *still* broken

Post by FindBlues »

Thanks.

I installed the last dev build and now find works again.