Unable to Restore AdBlockPlus Toolbar Icon

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
icefox2k

Unable to Restore AdBlockPlus Toolbar Icon

Post by icefox2k »

So I followed the instructions below:
You don’t like the icon or need the space for more important things? Click the arrow at the icon, then choose “Options” and “Show in tool bar” from the menu.

But now, I want the icon back, and the following instructions are provided in the FAQ:
There is also an Options menu in the Preferences dialog — just in case you decide to restore the icon. And by the way, you can also use the toolbar customization that is built into Firefox.

However, I do not see an Options menu in the Preferences dialog, and when I try to customize the toolbar, I do not see an AdBlockPlus icon to choose.

Any help, please?
Adblock Plus Fan

Post by Adblock Plus Fan »

You are probably on a mac right?
see here: http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8306/96885773ia2.png

Above didn't work

Post by ... »

The link above is not valid. Could you please post something that would help?
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Guest, the link is valid. But just in case - it illustrates that the menu is on the top of the screen for OS X, not inside the window.
Adblock Plus Fan

Re: Above didn't work

Post by Adblock Plus Fan »

... wrote:The link above is not valid.
I reuploaded the image in case you still can't access it.
vintage_biker

Re: Unable to Restore AdBlockPlus Toolbar Icon

Post by vintage_biker »

In Firefox 22, Windows 7, 64 bit (but Firefox supports 32 -so I'm told) there is a simple fix. I had this problem and found the cause and fix by accident. I lost the icon when I did a bad job adding a bookmark using dragging the url icon in the url bar. The fix : place the cursor on the site icon in the url bar. Right click and at the bottom of the drop down, you'll find the add on bar. Click on that and the icon appears at the bottom left.
flater,s

Re: Unable to Restore AdBlockPlus Toolbar Icon

Post by flater,s »

hey thank,s for the fix it worked i love it when a plan comes together,, :D