AdBlock Plus laggy in Fx 1.5

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey

AdBlock Plus laggy in Fx 1.5

Post by Guest »

After I upgraded to Firefox 1.5 under Windows ME I noticed a problem which I've tracked down to Adblock Plus 0.5.10. When I disable the extension, the problem disappears.

When I'm loading a page which accesses a third site (say, a traffic metrics site), the page will mostly load and then lock up for a few seconds while data is exchanged with the third site. There might be other causes too. I've noticed it on CNN.com as well. I've disabled javascript and java and the problem persists.

This is a crippling issue because I use the Linky extension to simultaneously launch multiple links into new tabs. But now when I do that, I get locked up (I can't scroll) on a page which is already fully loaded because a page on another tab is still loading. (Yes, I tried disabling Linky and launching links quickly. The browser only seems to lock up when Adblock Plus is enabled.)
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

DIV blocking is commonly the problem. It's under adblock plus preferences/adblock options/Check DIV elements.. make sure that's unchecked and see if it helps.
Felipe

Post by Felipe »

I"ve got the same issue as O.P. I do NOT have div elements selected.

One such site is:

http://cookieculler.mozdev.org/screenshots.html

I try it with ABP ENABLED and it takes long to load, even blocking some images. ABP DISABLED works fine, and fast!
I have default settings on ABP, and also using filterset.g. FX version 1.5, Windows XP, long walks on the beach.