Version 0.5.11 eats my statusbar icon/text

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
JustCurious

Version 0.5.11 eats my statusbar icon/text

Post by JustCurious »

I just let Fx update my Adblock Plus from 0.5.10 to 0.5.11. Now my statusbar text is no more visible, no matter what I set in the preferences. I saw what sprak posted about the icon/text display but this didn't help.

Any cure for this?
JoergHH

Post by JoergHH »

Yep, I've got the same problem /w Firefox 1.0.7 Win
Felipe

Post by Felipe »

try close/reopening...same happened to me, and this fixed it.

Post by Guest »

Felipe wrote:try close/reopening.
Number one solution! I#ve tried a youple of times, but it's not working.
Felipe

Post by Felipe »

re-install AB+

make a new default profile and re-install AB+

try to figure it out.
Adman

Post by Adman »

Me too .. no icon /w Firefox 1.0.7 Win .. close/open no help .. should I go back to 5.10 or wait for 5.12 ?
Gnemesis

Post by Gnemesis »

another "me too".

tried close/reopen, no love. Not quite ready to build a new profile (again)...

Back-revved to 10 until a fix is found.
Felipe

Post by Felipe »

i think i'm the lucky one. WHen my icon disappeared, i just re-open Fx. AND BINGO! i prefer the "text" icon better anyways.....
Adman

Post by Adman »

Fortunately, I was able to uninstall 5.11 and revert back to 5.10. Got my statusbar icon back and all is well :)
JustCurious

Post by JustCurious »

I couldn't fix it so I updated Firefox to 1.5 :-)
Now everything's ok with ABP. Should have done that upgrading earlier anyway.
OffShored

Post by OffShored »

My status bar text or icon has been missing on one Win XP machine with Fx 1.07 for several versions now; I assume it is related to other extensions installed on this installation. It works fine on 2 other Win XP and one Linux.

Because of this I have been using the menu bar icon. With Adblock Plus 0.5.11 that icon turned into a giant icon containing all of the available menu bar icons repeated 3 times in three rows. Time to do the clean install of Fx 1.5 I have been putting off.
mcm

Post by mcm »

OffShored, sounds like a fresh profile will fix your problems. But the others were you installing the english version listed here? That's meant to only install in Fx 1.5 or higher but for some reason Fx 1.0.x allows you to install it but it won't work. If so you would need the full version listed below if you are running Fx 1.0.x before it would work.
ABfan

Post by ABfan »

"If so you would need the full version listed below if you are running Fx 1.0.x before it would work."

Hi mcm .. thanks for the holiday cheer :) I am running 1.0.7 but there was no link to the above mentioned 5.11.1 "full version". Could you please provide the link for all the 1.0.7 users. Thanks for everything !!
mcm

Post by mcm »