YouTube functions not working properly cause of Adblock.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Rade155

YouTube functions not working properly cause of Adblock.

Post by Rade155 »

So I had this issue with YouTube appear around 2-3 weeks ago that has been really frustrating.

These are the issues I am having:
- When in "My Subscriptions" and trying to hide videos from clicking the arrow in the top right corner, nothing happens.
- Using the "Watch Later" button that appears in the lower right corner of the thumbnail does not work.
- When in "Watch Later" list cannot rearrange videos by dragging on the three dots on the left of the video tab.
- When in "Watch Later" list cannot remove videos by clicking the x in the top right corner of the video tab.

So I went to Firefox Support forum and we figured out that one of the Extensions was causing the problem. So I disabled one by one until I figured out it was Adblock Plus, to my surprise. When Adblock Plus is disabled, these functions work fine. I tried reinstalling the Extension but the problem remained. I really cannot use Firefox without Adblock Plus and I do not want to switch browsers. What is it about it that is causing this problem? How can I fix this?
mapx

Re: YouTube functions not working properly cause of Adblock.

Post by mapx »

Did you try cleaning cookies + cache ?
if you have custom filters for YT remove them and re-test
Keep only 1 blocking addon

or reset firefox then install ABP and re-test: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/reset-fi ... t-problems
Rade155

Post by Rade155 »

I tried cleaning cookies and cache.
I don't know what filters you mean. I only use add-on for automatic HD.
I only have 1 ad blocker.

Alright so I tried resetting Firefox. I reset it, instal Adblock Plus and it works fine. I'm like this was too easy. Then I install the rest of my add-ons, and then again it doesn't work. So I reset Firefox again, and install only Adblock again and then again it doesn't work. This is so weird.
mapx

Post by mapx »

-click ABP icon, filter preferences
-"custom filters" tab ==> do you see some YT filters ? (see all the groups and the filters - if any - in the right panel of the group)
-"filter subscriptions" tab ==> what subscriptions are enabled ?
Rade155

Post by Rade155 »

Nothing in the custom filters tab.
Subscriptions are for EasyList and EasyPrivacy.
Rade155

Post by Rade155 »

Anybody?
mapx

Post by mapx »

Choose one of the situations and submit an issue report, then post here the report's link.
(add your addons to the report)

Which is that add-on for automatic HD ? Link ?
Did you test with / without it ?
Rade155

Post by Rade155 »

Hey I did another Firefox Reset and now it works again. I will see if it will continue working and if not I will come back here.
Thanks for now.
D A

Post by D A »

I also have had this issue and it's related to blocking of a script on the "doubleclick.net" domain (if you use NoScript this issue will appear unless you've allowed the doubleclick.net domain).

I had to add an exception for the following address for the watch-later function to start working again: https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/id

Seems like Google has added some tracking code to see how the watch later button is used.