Reset sites where ABP is disabled on Android Firefox

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
LNA71

Reset sites where ABP is disabled on Android Firefox

Post by LNA71 »

Hello all.

I am trying to reset sites where Adblock Plus is disabled on an Android tablet running Firefox. There is an option for each domain under the ... menu in the upper right corner. It looks like:

ABP: Disable startpage.com

If you press the button, it will change to:

ABP: Enable startpage.com

So you can toggle ABP for each domain this way. I would like to reset all domains to their default of using ABP. How do I do this? I have uninstalled ABP, tried clearing the extensions.adblockplus entries in about:config but these ways do not work.
mapx

Re: Reset sites where ABP is disabled on Android Firefox

Post by mapx »

ABP: Disable startpage.com
This means ABP wont block ads for that site, is it what you want ?
LNA71

Post by LNA71 »

I would like Adblock Plus to be enabled and blocking on all sites, like it is when you first install it.

I have not been able to find a list of sites that I have disabled blocking on. It seems there is no menu for this in the add-on in Firefox for Android.

I see in Windows Firefox under Custom Filters which sites have been unblocked, but it seems unavailable on my tablet.
mapx

Post by mapx »

I don't know how is ABP in FF for android, but like I said: if you check "disable on ..." it means the ads for that site will not be blocked. (I guess it's the same behaviour as in firefox for desktop.
LNA71

Post by LNA71 »

I understand how it works, I just want to know where I can see/edit which domains have been set to be disabled.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

It should show up in the Custom Filters, as a set of filters of the form @@||domain.tld^$document
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
LNA71

Post by LNA71 »

lewisje wrote:It should show up in the Custom Filters, as a set of filters of the form @@||domain.tld^$document
Where can this be found in the Android version of Firefox?
saroyanm

Post by saroyanm »

LNA71 wrote:Where can this be found in the Android version of Firefox?
Unfortunately they can not be found in Adblock Plus for android version of Firefox yet, on android version of Firefox we don't have "filter preferences" page that can be found in Adblock Plus for Firefox Desktop, we are using addon preferences page for managing subscriptions as you can notice with some limitations (Ex.: you can only select one subscription from the selectbox) and we don't have option for managing user's custom filter lists in Adblock Plus for Android version of Firefox.
saroyanm

Post by saroyanm »

LNA71 wrote:I would like to reset all domains to their default of using ABP. How do I do this? I have uninstalled ABP, tried clearing the extensions.adblockplus entries in about:config but these ways do not work.
If you would like to have a clean start with Adblock Plus for Firefox you should also remove Extension directory from your user profile as mentioned in current article as well besides cleaning extensions.adblockplus entries in about:config, but for Firefox for Android I guess you need to have rooted device to have access to the user profile directory (in data/data/org.mozilla.firefox/files/mozilla).
The other option could be to Clean Firefox data (Please note that this option will clear all your Firefox for Android data), to do so you need to navigate to: Settings -> Apps -> Firefox and click "Clear data" button.
LNA71

Post by LNA71 »

I was finally able to fix this, but it required an overkill solution. It seems Adblock Plus can't be reset by itself, weirdly enough.

Here is how I got everything back to defaults on an Android 4.2.1 tablet. It also reset Firefox to defaults, unfortunately. This means you will lose everything in Firefox (bookmarks, settings, add-ons).

1. Open Android settings.
2. Go to "Apps."
3. Press on "Firefox" under either the "Downloaded" or "All" tabs.
4. Press "Force stop" then "Ok" if it asks for confirmation.
5. Press "Clear cache."
6. Press "Clear data" then "Ok" if it asks for confirmation.

This resets Firefox back to defaults, and Adblock Plus as well.
fabioq

Post by fabioq »

Thank you LNA71...this helped...I had installed the QUIT add-on which puts a Quit on the menu but ABP puts a menu below "ABP: Disable on examplewebsite.com" and I accidently touch it when I was trying to quit.