eBay.com not displaying correctly, can't report

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Rana Ravens

eBay.com not displaying correctly, can't report

Post by Rana Ravens »

When I search for something on eBay, the results do not load properly. The listings display briefly, then disappear, leaving the center of the page blank. (If I interrupt loading, they do not disappear, but this is a very clumsy work-around.)

The problem does NOT go away when AdBlock is disabled on eBay. That restores the ads in the margins, but the center listing display remains blank.

The problem DOES go away when the EasyList filter subscription is turned off. Fanboy's List has the same problem. Peter Lowe's list does not.

Unfortunately, the Issue Report is not working for me. It hangs during the initial "gathering data" stage.

Can someone look into this? With the exception of eBay, EasyList was working great for me.
mapx

Re: eBay.com not displaying correctly, can't report

Post by mapx »

-what other subscriptions are enabled ?
-check your custom filters and remove those for ebay
-did you try remove / reinstall ABP ?
-are you using other blocking addons ? (ghostery, disconnect ...)
ranaverde

Post by ranaverde »

Right now I only have Peter Lowe's list enabled. When the problem was manifesting, I only had one subscription enabled (EasyList).

AdBlock is disabled on all pages on eBay (per the drop-down menu option).

I have no other blocking software enabled.

I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Given that the problem only appears when either EasyList or Fanboy's List is enabled, I think it's a problem with one of those, not AdBlock per se. The inability to report a problem may well be, though.
mapx

Post by mapx »

-first: clear cache + cookies
-keep only easylist enabled

-could you provide a page to test together ?
-then: click ABP icon, open blockable items list
-see what filters are triggered in the page (those in red are blocking / hiding filters, in green exceptions)
-right click any filter and post it here in a post
-upload a screenshot of the page (use imgur.com then post here the link)