is adblock+ (dev) responsible for numerous "slow script

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
PWguy

is adblock+ (dev) responsible for numerous "slow script

Post by PWguy »

is adblock+ (dev) responsible for numerous "slow script" errors? On the advice of others I disabled linkification. That didn't solve it.

For a ready example upload anything to
http://rapidshare.de

on the successful upload page just try entering anything into the email address field.

The other extensions don't seem likely culprits

Add n edit cookies
bookmark backup
cookie culler
remove it permanently
session saver
smart search
tab mix
user agent switcher
platypus
the cleaner
image shack
fillfilesuploadform
greasemoneky

AdBlock Plus 0.5.8+ dev

But then it might just be me :oops:

thanks for your great extension!!
mcm

Post by mcm »

The only thing I can think of that could be causing those errors with Adblock is the DIV blocking and if Adblock Hiding is used on a particular site.

You can try disabling DIV blocking by typing about:config into the location bar and set adblock.divcheck to false.

I have heard that the combination of Adblock Plus with div blocking enabled and the Greasemonkey extension causes that quite often.
PWguy

Post by PWguy »

mcm wrote:The only thing I can think of that could be causing those errors with Adblock is the DIV blocking and if Adblock Hiding is used on a particular site.
Currently I only use Hiding on one site. But I'll set adblock.divcheck to false and hope for the best!

Adblock Plus with div blocking enabled and the Greasemonkey extension causes that quite often.
though I don't have any GM scripts that act on "*" sites. In fact up until 30 minutes ago I've been without GM for about a week.

thanks for your help!!

8)