ABC.com and full episode videos viewing

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Allison

ABC Episode Viewer - solved!

Post by Allison »

Trying to fix this had become a hobby. I got it tonight. After reviewing all other posts (and doing all that), I went to control panel, hardware, device manager, and noticed a yellow question mark under display adapters. Most applications display fine without hardware acceleration. ABC viewer needs it. Go to the manufacturer of either your video card if you have one, or the manufacturer of your PC if you have integrated video (like I do, a Sony Vaio). Download the driver and install it. I realized that my driver went missing after I reinstalled the OS, but I never noticed because the monitor worked fine. By the way, do all the other things too (java, etc.).
osufans

abc.com website

Post by osufans »

thank you Dan for your post. After six hours of searching and searching posts on google, and trying literally everything, I ran across your post and checked my device manager and sure enough, my video driver was not working properly. After fixing that problem, I can now watch programs on abc. Thank you again. Susan
susan
AMitchell

ABC Full Episode Player

Post by AMitchell »

I am so frustrated. In the past I was able to use the ABC Full Episode Player but now I get a black screen that says it is only available in the United States and I live in California. Last time I checked California was in the United States! What could have changed to make it unavailable to me. ABC does not have any really technical help as far as I can tell.
Ray

Re: abc player

Post by Ray »

mcbake wrote:you just need to enable a javascript setting in firefox to get it to work. Enable javascript to allow 'move or resize windows'
Thank you McBake, finally something that worked!
dddarlin63

unable to create adequate video renderer

Post by dddarlin63 »

The hardware accelerator was my problem! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I don't have to decide which to tape if I have to be out (CBS or ABC!)on Monday nights! :D
I'm a guest

Re: unable to create adequate video renderer

Post by I'm a guest »

dddarlin63 wrote:The hardware accelerator was my problem! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I don't have to decide which to tape if I have to be out (CBS or ABC!)on Monday nights! :D
that's what did it for me... It also took awhile to load, but it finally did.
ABC SUCKS

Re: ABC.com and full episode videos viewing

Post by ABC SUCKS »

Is ABC run by morons? I'm serious, are these people complete idiots? They make a complicated website and they don't include any information for the people having viewing problems. GOOD JOB ABC ... YOU SUCK!
Topspin

Re: THE fix for ABC Full Episode Player

Post by Topspin »

jen wrote:This is THE answer to fixing your ABC Full Episode Player. I have tried it all and this is the only thing that works.

You must download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, just go to Adobe.com and download what the last version is (for me, it was Version 10). Takes about 2 minutes to download. Then "restart" your computer. Go back to ABC.com and you'll be able to view your shows!
"THE" answer doesn't work. People need to realize that what works on one computer does not necessarily work on another.
Meandmel

Re: ABC.com and full episode videos viewing

Post by Meandmel »

Just got done trying everything listed here and on other web sites with people having this same problem and nothing has worked. So then I tried using the "Download this clip to Realplayer" option, which directed me to install the latest version of Realplayer, which I did, and now I can watch Lost on ABC again with no problems. It doesnt make any sense to me, been at this for hours now trying to watch Couger Town and Lost. Go figure. Hope this helps.