Build 2.6.9 Bug

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
redwolfe_98

Build 2.6.9 Bug

Post by redwolfe_98 »

i had issues with ABP 2.6.9.. when i clicked "filter preferences", the "filter preferences" window/GUI wouldn't open.. it would open if i clicked "filter preferences" a second time..

sometimes the "filter preferences" window/GUI would open after only clicking "filter preferences" one time, but i would say that, about 95% of the time, it wouldn't.. it would take a second clicking of "filter preferences" before the "filter preferences" window/GUI would open..

i uninstalled build 2.6.9 and reinstalled build 2.6.8 and i don't have the same problem with build 2.6.8.. with build 2.6.8, the "filter preferences" window/GUI opens the way that it is suppose to when i click "filter preferences"..

update: i spoke too soon.. i am having similar issues with build 2.6.8, too.. i click "filter preferences" and the filter preferences window/GUI doesn't open.. it does open if i click "filter preferences" a second time..

so, it must be an issue with FF 37.0 since i haven't seen this problem before installing FF 37..

update2: i am not sure.. now build 2.6.8 seems to be funtioning normally...

i saw that someone else has mentioned having issues with opening the "filter preferences" window/GUI:

forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29271

update3: i am having issues with build 2.6.8 as well, where, sometimes, when i click "filter preferences", the "filter preferences" window/GUI doesn't open.. if i click it a second time, then it opens..

when i was looking at the most recent blocklists, specifically at the fanboy's annoyances blocklist, i noticed that it had some strange lookig characters in it, like they belonged to a foreign language, as well as some that looked like they belonged to an ancient greek or roman language.. i am wondering if having those strange characters in the blocklists might be causing a problem..

something else.. i recently started using the "menu wizard" addon.. it is possible that something that i did with it caused a problem..

the information for "menu wizard" says that you can reorganize items in the menu.. well, i tried that and then i found that some of the menu-items weren't working.. after i undid the rearranging, the menu-items again worked correctly.. but, still, i am not sure that some of the things that i did with "menu wizard" didn't cause a problem..
Gingerbread Man

Re: Build 2.6.9 Bug

Post by Gingerbread Man »

redwolfe_98 wrote:i am wondering if having those strange characters in the blocklists might be causing a problem..
Post a screenshot so we can see what you're looking at. If you're using Windows,
  1. Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard. It may be labeled something else, like PrtScn, PRTSCN or PRTSC.
  2. Open an image editor like Paint and paste the contents of the clipboard in a new file.
  3. Crop out any unnecessary portions of the image, then save the file.
  4. Upload the image to a host like http://imgur.com, then post the link to it in a reply here.
redwolfe_98 wrote:something else.. i recently started using the "menu wizard" addon.. it is possible that something that i did with it caused a problem..
Open the Add-ons Manager, Extensions category. Disable every extension except Adblock Plus, then restart Firefox. Check if you have the same problem as before.
redwolfe_98 wrote:so, it must be an issue with FF 37.0
I had no problems with 2.6.8 and now I have no problems with 2.6.9 either.
mapx

Post by mapx »

redwolfe_98

Post by redwolfe_98 »

Gingerbread Man wrote:
redwolfe_98 wrote:i am wondering if having those strange characters in the blocklists might be causing a problem
Post a screenshot
gingerbreadman, thanks for your reply.. it helped me..

the reason that i did not reply sooner is because you asked me to post a screenshot of the strange characters that i mentioned but, when i looked in ABP's "patterns.ini" file, i didn't see any of them there to show you..

i remove all of the whitelisted items from the "patterns.ini" file and that was when i saw the strange characters, in the list of whitelisted items that i was removing.. i looked at the various blocklists, online, but didn't see any strange characters in them..

the only thing that i could try would be to reinstall all of the blocklists and then see if i could see the strange characters, but i didn't want to do that.. if i see the strange characters again, like maybe the next time that i update my blocklists, i will post a screenshot of them..
redwolfe_98 wrote:it is possible that something that i did with the "menu wizard" addon caused a problem
[/quote]
after reading your post, i disabled the "menu wizard" addon and that seemed to solve the problem that i was having with ABP's "filter preferences" not always opening on the first click..

i think i just screwed up some settings in "menu wizard" and that caused the problem with ABP, where "filter preferences" wouldn't always open on the first click..

i've changed the settings in "menu wizard" and i haven't had any problems with ABP's "filter preferences" not always opening on the first click since then..

the issue is resolved..