ABP update screwing up Pale Moon browser

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Scott101

ABP update screwing up Pale Moon browser

Post by Scott101 »

When I clicked on (sun. june 07 2015) I was advised of an ABP auto update had taken place. Now at the bottom of the page is a constant tool bar about 7 lines high.
In it, it says <menuitem id="abp-status-showintoolbar" label="&showintoolbar,label;" type="checkbox" comand="abp-comand-toggleshowintoolbar
--------^
Not only is this annoying shorting the screen, but has also caused the scroll bar on the right to disappear, causing me to dig out the mouse to see anything other than the top of any given page. leaving me to not trust using the computer.
Anyone else have this problem?
Solutions?
Thanks, from a true computer moron.
Thanks to mapx, your suggestion worked although I wonder why after 3 yrs. it was only after this update that it happened, if I had been using the wrong ABP all along.
Last edited by Scott101 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
mapx

Re: ABP update screwing up Pale Moon browser

Post by mapx »

lewisje

Re: ABP update screwing up Pale Moon browser

Post by lewisje »

Scott101 wrote:I wonder why after 3 yrs. it was only after this update that it happened, if I had been using the wrong ABP all along.
Because the Pale Moon userbase was whining about Australis, the Pale Moon developers decided to make their browser a fork of Firefox 24 ESR, with a new GUID.

At that point, even though ABP was technically capable of working with Pale Moon, it didn't say so in its manifest, and Eyeo decided against being tied down to Fx24-era browser APIs and therefore did not update its manifest to support Pale Moon, so the Pale Moon developers made a fork called Adblock Latitude, as they did for many other popular extensions: http://addons.palemoon.org/

Some time after that with ABP 2.6.7 in January 2015, ABP used features of Firefox that were only available in versions later than 24 (right now the minimum version is 26), so the surprise is that you were able to get ABP working in Pale Moon for as long as you did.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.