Port Adblock Plus to Midori

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
agars

Port Adblock Plus to Midori

Post by agars »

Midori is a nice, lightweight browser still in development but it's usable. It supports extensions in C, and in the future maybe bindings to python will be added. So I want to know if Wladimir would be interesed to rewrite his awesome extensions for Midori in C. Thanks in advance for you answer.
agars

Post by agars »

I suppose Wladimir still didn't log in and didn't check the forum. Too bad.
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

Midori is based on Webkit, like Safari and Google Chrome, so I guess the answer to your question is probably no (see here for example: http://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 0359#20359 ).
agars

Post by agars »

I see and probably Wladimir doesn't have the time to do it. I'll just install Privoxy with some filters. But I considered Adblock Plus a better choice because you can in a easy way disable filters.

Does somebody know about a script or something like that which is able to convert Abclok Plus filters to Privoxy's syntax?
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Ares is correct, I don't have the time to support anything that isn't based on Gecko.
rnr

Post by rnr »

You could convert the filters over. A script to convert adblock plus filters for google chrome is available.
John Jenin

Post by John Jenin »

rnr wrote:You could convert the filters over. A script to convert adblock plus filters for google chrome is available.
Can u post the link ?

Re: Port Adblock Plus to Midori

Post by Guest »

agars wrote:Midori is a nice, lightweight browser still in development but it's usable. It supports extensions in C, and in the future maybe bindings to python will be added. So I want to know if Wladimir would be interesed to rewrite his awesome extensions for Midori in C. Thanks in advance for you answer.

Re: Port Adblock Plus to Midori

Post by Guest »

agars wrote:Midori is a nice, lightweight browser still in development but it's usable. It supports extensions in C, and in the future maybe bindings to python will be added. So I want to know if Wladimir would be interesed to rewrite his awesome extensions for Midori in C. Thanks in advance for you answer.