AdBlock still blocking even though AddOn disabled

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
nanquan

AdBlock still blocking even though AddOn disabled

Post by nanquan »

AdBlock Plus 2.6.9.1
Firefox 39.0

At first I disabled AdBlock Plus everywhere. That didn't work. Then I disabled AdBlock Plus from the Add-ons list, but it still blocks Ads, for example:
http://www.msfanpage.link/?id=265

In that page, after 8 seconds you have ads which "slide in" from the sides. I can't see any of them in Firefox, even with AdBlock Plus disabled.

If I open the same site in Google Chrome, I can see all the ads!

What the heck is going on?

Thanks!
Gingerbread Man

Re: AdBlock still blocking even though AddOn disabled

Post by Gingerbread Man »

If you've selected “Disable everywhere”, then Adblock Plus isn't affecting any web pages.
If you've disabled Adblock Plus in the Add-ons Manager, then the extension isn't even loaded when you start Firefox.

The content is most likely blocked in another one of your extensions. You should also clear your cookies and cache.
nanquan

Re: AdBlock still blocking even though AddOn disabled

Post by nanquan »

Gingerbread Man wrote:If you've selected “Disable everywhere”, then Adblock Plus isn't affecting any web pages.
If you've disabled Adblock Plus in the Add-ons Manager, then the extension isn't even loaded when you start Firefox.

The content is most likely blocked in another one of your extensions. You should also clear your cookies and cache.
You were right! It was being affected by the add-on "Blur" (used for anti-tracking/privacy).

I just didn't even think to look at it, since its stated function has nothing to do with Ads blocking, but apparently it did somehow.
Disabling the "Blur" add-on resolved the issues I was having.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! :)