Adblock Plus for Pale Moon

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
noir_ecaille

Adblock Plus for Pale Moon

Post by noir_ecaille »

Hello :)

I would like to ask for an extension specifically made for Pale Moon. To those still ignoring it, for many years already Pale Moon is a fork from the ancient FireFox -- before Australis but even earlier, since it then was built as a "FireFox more compatible for Windows OSs".

I stick with Pale Moon because since the later versions and also policy evolutions of FireFox, contrary of most claims I think that very FireFox is neither the "safer" browser anymore nor the most "powerful". Albeit we actually miss a compatible/working Adblock Plus extension. I've tried to find some alternatives yet each time there are problems either to configure or even install said anti-advertizement add-ons.

Now why not wanting advertizements ? For me, two big issues :
- privacy problems
- visibility/ergonomics problems
I'm the user type to allow advertizements ONLY on websites that I really know I won't get "pawned", "spied" or tracked by + I won't meet problems to click or see what I want (or even hear what I want or not hear what I don't want). Such websites generally have nearly if not even professional technical staffs to take care of problems, but it also depends on the way those websites choose their partners -- owning their own host servers is also another good point, because there is not a second/host party able to impose detrimental-for-users advertizement aspects :evil:

Since for users like me, it is rather impossible to achieve the upper goal without help such as ABP, I apply a drastic "control" over my Pale Moon : pictures disable most of time, no flash, no cookies, no Java, no JavaScript... It is tiresome :| but at least at the last pro-technical check my PC was diagnosed clean. Though I would prefer to surf with less worry and let a chance to some websites/advertisers to gain money through non-problematic ads. I like old-school ads, not tracking and focusing more on which websites for which ads targets (contrary of the tracking policy, it might require more human staffs, which is another [human view-point] good point for me ^^ )

That's why I've come to register here in order to request a new ABP addon, specifically made for the (safe and good) Pale Moon browser :D

Best Regards

Re: Adblock Plus for Pale Moon

Post by mapx »

You have to use the forked addon for pale moon
https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/ ... -latitude/