ABP yahoo ..Safari also blocked

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
HKaufman

ABP yahoo ..Safari also blocked

Post by HKaufman »

I use safari firefox- it also has been blocked on both browsers, but i use my cell phone and i get my inbox mail regardless of how many blocks yahoo puts up.. I use apple mail also, because of the abuse of Ad's not only from yahoo, but google as well.. I can disable abp but i also use blurr and that masks email, which cut down 80% of the spam Fraud. Someday someone in Congress may do something and impose a limitation of Merchants garbage, i have also used abp to block images manually but this is tricky, you block incorrect then you will have nothing.. Caution on that one.. There is substitute Firefox that is called Waterfox which works on the same platform as Mozilla, its free dnload, but i have not tested it.
lewisje

Re: ABP yahoo ..Safari also blocked

Post by lewisje »

Waterfox is Firefox with three differences:
  • It is 64-bit only.
  • It enables NPAPI plugins, while 64-bit Firefox enables only Flash.
  • It is compiled with more code optimizations than the default Firefox builds, so it should run faster but it doesn't run on as many platforms.
None of these things matters for ABP performance.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.