Youtube videos freeze during an ad

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
sniperlif3

Youtube videos freeze during an ad

Post by sniperlif3 »

I have the latest versions of adblock plus and firefox as per today. When I start seemingly any video that had an ad the video will stop with an image of some ad (not sure if it is the ad that is supposed to have been playing), then after a few seconds (unless it is the ad before the video) the video will continue playing. The only other extension I have ever used is Youtube High Definition but I have not had this problem since I have had both of them years ago. It gets annoying when I watch an hour long video that has ads every 10min because it freezes. I have already reinstalled firefox completely and removed/reinstalled ABP with no changes. Any information of how I can fix this?

I have actually verified that the times when the videos stop are the exact times that the ad would have been playing without ABP and that it is ABP that is causing it.
sniperlif3

Re: Youtube videos freeze during an ad

Post by sniperlif3 »

Oddly enough, after doing all of that and just playing on the internet for about an hour it started to work as advertised. Not sure if there was an update somewhere but it seems good for now. Feel free to close post