Calling Mods . . . Never Mind

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Paulfox

Calling Mods . . . Never Mind

Post by Paulfox »

Rant Post edited - followng IceDogg's great and calming information below! Excellent. It looks like someone IS maintaining it, and that's good. WE had a long spell there where it wasn't. The meds have arrived, so I'm fine now. The tinfoil hat's a little tight, but . . . .

I was seeing a lot of junk over a 2 day period, and apparently it's dealt with in a timely manner. Good! Rant over and results obtained.

Thanks all - and thanks IceDogg for alerting me that it is being maintained.
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

Paul, You have to give it a little time. Those were posted at 2:30pm today and now they are gone. Come on no one sits here refreshing all day to see if some spam was posted so they can delete it. Links were posted here and now they are gone. Please be patient.. the forums are being monitored, trust me.

Edited: To answer edit above. No problem Paul, glad someone is looking out for us. :D And sorry if that come across to strong. No offense meant.
Paulfox

Post by Paulfox »

IceDogg wrote:Come on no one sits here refreshing all day to see if some spam was posted so they can delete it.
I thought that's EXACTLY what mods do. You ban enough ISPs and it'll thin out quick. There should be an "email alert" system for the mods if not already in place. It is kind of ironic that a forum dedicated to ad-blocking is besieged with SPAM, and apparently they're not above responding with "jibes" either:
http://p2.forumforfree.com/how-about-a- ... kplus.html
Anonymous wrote:Paulfox: You changed your mind quickly... http://p2.forumforfree.com/calling-all- ... kplus.html
referencing this post, which is kind of odd. Personally I'd enforce registration to post on certain "divisions" of this forum, and implement ISP bans right left and center. Wladimir wasnt all folks to be able to post and not limit discussion - but I think for example "filters" and "dev build" might be candidates for registering. The sticky main "0.6" thread could be left alone, I guess. Up to him.

I would have thought people would be weighing in with Dev Build opinions, requests and testing results in greater quantities than the tripe that's been posted.

No offence taken Ice.