Adblock made a mess of my forum

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Gregg K

Adblock made a mess of my forum

Post by Gregg K »

I used adblock the wrong way, and managed to lose some functionality of a forum. Icons are all missing. Pictures and gifs are present under posts, but it looks like only some are showing. The icons in front of each post is gone, and where threads have a chevron look, because of replies, all replies are now in a vertical column. Navigation icon graphics are all missing.

My guess is that when I went to adding a filter rule, I clicked "add filter" without looking at what was checked in Adblock.

What could I have done, and what can I do to restore my forum back to it's previous state.

By the way, I have uninstalled firefox, reinstalled, removed adblock, and a number of things, over a period of five friking years! Nothing I do will undo the changes I made with adblock.

Furthermore, there appear to be no rules checked, under adblock rules. How can it still be messing things up?

Help!
mapx

Re: Adblock made a mess of my forum

Post by mapx »

Did you check the custom filters ? (filter preferences, custom filters tab)
Gregg K

Post by Gregg K »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes. There are no custom filters checked. Unless there are other things to check, it looks like this is something that happened, and even though there's nothing checked in adblock, the problem still exists. I'm lost.
Gregg K

Post by Gregg K »

That worked. I've got to redo all my addons, it looks like. What a great result. Thank you. I had forgotten about profiles. I was unwilling to do all of that work, which it appears that button does.

Fresh.