Form History problem?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
NJH

Form History problem?

Post by NJH »

I am having a problem with Ff remembering form history. It has been happening for a long while now. 2 weeks ago I deleted formhistory.dat and since then nothing was remembered so I decided to go on a bug hunt through my extensions.

I have just disabled Adblock 0.6.0.4+ through the extension manager and entries started getting remembered. I have re-enabled Adblock and new entries still get remembered. This is confusing!

Has anyone else noticed form history problems? It could be other extensions. It just seems to have cleared up for the moment.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

I'm not usually using form history but one of my test profiles has it enabled - haven't seen any problems there. I have the suspicion that you could've disabled just any extension with the same result. Or did you try disabling something else before ABP?

Edit: Just tried removing formhistory.dat - nope, no problems.
NJH

Post by NJH »

Unfortunately ABP was the first extension I tried. I suspected TabMix Plus, but did not get as far as testing it as I cannot get it to fail again.

I cannot make sense of it as I have done many upgrades of ABP without form history working again. Since posting I reinstalled ABP and this did not cause any failure either.

I more suspect a Ff bug. Bugzilla appears to be down at the moment so I cannot check there. Until I can reproduce it there is not much more I can do. I posted a similar question on the TMP forum just in case someone else has bumped into it.