Cosmetic - Missing Status Element

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
AJCrowley

Cosmetic - Missing Status Element

Post by AJCrowley »

I have Adblock Plus 0.59 installed on my office computer, from a clean install yesterday. For some reason, the statusbar element is not showing up, I've tried reinstalls, toggling between text/icon and none, but I just can't get the thing to appear. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

AJ
mcm

Post by mcm »

Strange given the fact you've installed it on a new profile, can you confirm by creating a new profile from the profile manager. Might as well install the latest development build to get a couple of fixes since 0.5.9. If it still fails then type "about:config" into the location bar and set the "javascript.options.showInConsole" preference to true. Then after attempting to change the status bar display, open up the javascript console from the Tools menu and report back here with the error you see.
AJCrowley

Post by AJCrowley »

This isn't the first time I've had this problem, and the bug is in the original AdBlock code, it's not an AdBlock plus specific thing. I'm now running the dev build, here's the error:

Code: Select all

Error: [Exception... "Node was not found"  code: "8" nsresult: "0x80530008 (NS_ERROR_DOM_NOT_FOUND_ERR)"  location: "chrome://adblock/content/adblock.js Line: 315"]
Source File: chrome://adblock/content/adblock.js
Line: 315
Cheers,

AJ