Memory leak

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
goldfinger

Memory leak

Post by goldfinger »

You guys still have a memory leak in 0.6.1

I'll say it again because it's been an ongoing problem with both adblock and adblock plus (with one exception) on both OS X and Wintel since the release of FF 1.5: You still have a memory leak in adblock

Please fix it. The last known good version of adblock (at least it handled memory correctly with FF 1.5) was adblock plus 0.5.10. On OS X, I use the Activity monitor application to monitor FF memory usage. With 0.6.1, memory is never properly released, and FF memory allotment continues to grow after visiting media intensive pages even after they are closed. Using adblock plus 0.5.10, memory is always released after visiting the same media intensive pages upon closing the page. This happens each and every time. 0.6 installed - memory is not released, 0.5.10 installed - memory is released.
Guestevee

Post by Guestevee »

I've recently filed
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=326254
re: memory leaks in adblock v0.6.1

Someone has said that Wladimir has already said somewhere that adblock is lazy to release memory, but always does, but i've been unable to find that post.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

@goldfinger: Check out latest development build please. Now the only "leak" reported will be the window of the last page loaded (and eventually its subframes) - that's inevitable IMO the way Adblock Plus stores its data. Adblock Plus 0.6.1.1 is coming soon.