How do I translate "Report Issue on this Page" results?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Marco

How do I translate "Report Issue on this Page" results?

Post by Marco »

Over the years, I have been trying to learn how to use ADP maximally.
I asked this question years ago, but nobody responded.

When I file a "Report an issue on this page", what do I learn or determine from the saved address, after you have posted it for a collaborative fix? I assume that it's posted for anybody to contribute to fixing the issue.

On my Filter Preferences, when I am trying to find the culprit for a specific issue, I enter a word into the search bar.
I assume I am searching by the primary term, such as LOGIN (if having a problem with the accessing my account), but I could be using it wrong, also.

When the results return with "0" hits, what does it mean?
What is a hit? If it's zero, has it lost its ability to cause a conflict? Should I further pursue that particular filter?
Why should I delete the number of hits?

Is there a tutorial?
In English, for non-tech humans.

Thank you.
mapx

Re: Hoe do I tranlate "Report Issue on this Page" results?

Post by mapx »

- report an issue: it's for the subscription author to examine the causes of your issue, to see all the requests for a specific page, what's blocked, what's hidden
- you personally can use "blockable items list" to see what's blocked, blockable, hidden, see the content of some script (right click the row / request, see in other tab). You also can create blocking / exception filters double clicking a row in that list
- the option "count number hits" could help you to identify what filters where triggered if previously you initialized all the numbers (when for example it happens some redirect action and you landed on other page). Sometimes for some outdated pc, it's better disabling such option (the hits are written on the filters file and could be a slow process for heavy pages).
Marco

Re: How do I tranlate "Report Issue on this Page" results?

Post by Marco »

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

An update! What I've noticed (because I had to reload Firefox and all programs/addons): I went to add another filter list because I was missing one. A visual clue. I added Fanboy's List. There was a message to the point that I didn't have EasyList (maybe they need each other?), so I added it.
I already had added Easy List (with the ABP download), but there was no warning. Not only that, but when I actually placed it on my filter list, the fact that I had two copies wasn't recognized. Other than you (ABP) not knowing my business, isn't that unusual?

Okay. We can't shrink the size of Filter Preferences now? I'll get used to it, but do not like it. I like having a small window in which I can navigate.

So I came back here with the same questions I always have, but more. Time has passed and I don't have any greater expertise.
The last time I posted this question, I can see that mapx didn't even make a halfhearted attempt to respond.

What is the status of the online Issue Reports page? As I asked above (below), how do I translate the results of my report? I always check the status and my posts aren't there any more. Nothing is there. I assume it's still an active site, as I have to file a report today.

What is the purpose of Counting Hits - as I asked? I don't initialize anything, especially with the fact that these many, many years later, I haven't had the ability to LEARN the ins/outs of ABP.

I assume that features of this programmed are designed to help the user determine which element might be causing a problem. Since nobody ever put together an ABP Tutorial or FAQs, unless people are unusually gifted OR proficient with code OR a major geek, there is no way (for me) to advance in my knowledge. It is unfortunate.

The SAME QUESTIONS that I posed earlier have never been satisfactorily or at all answered, so they are STILL QUESTIONS.
To that end, unfortunately, I learned all I might ever learn about ABP when I first discovered it - 10 years ago.

Thank you.