Clearing Hidden Elements

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Anchoret

Clearing Hidden Elements

Post by Anchoret »

For several years, I've been using the optional element hider w/ABP to block various nuisances on Facebook.

Unfortunately, FB changes so much that the hidden elements no longer function the way they once did and have rendered FB just about unusable at this point, to the degree of even producing BSODs.

How can I clear just the hidden elements I have added, without messing with ABP's defaults for Facebook, so I can just start over again with hiding elements as they currently exist?

Many thanks for a simple how-to!
mapx

Re: Clearing Hidden Elements

Post by mapx »

All the hiding filters you added are in the custom filters section:
- click ABP icon, filter preferences, click "custom filters" tab ==> see in the various groups the FB filters and remove them.

But ... BSODs ? It's about your system, could be video card, drivers, etc.
You should also clear cookies / cache.
Anchoret

Re: Clearing Hidden Elements

Post by Anchoret »

mapx wrote:All the hiding filters you added are in the custom filters section:
- click ABP icon, filter preferences, click "custom filters" tab ==> see in the various groups the FB filters and remove them.
Done.
But ... BSODs ? It's about your system, could be video card, drivers, etc.
You should also clear cookies / cache.
I thought for sure it was a video hardware problem, but it only happens with Facebook and Firefox when it encounters .GIF graphics in timelines. Facebook and IE or Facebook and Opera show no problems. Very strange, but FB has become so odd under ABP w/all these blocked elements that have gone astray that I thought I'd best clear them out because they're causing other problems anyway.

Thanks for the pointers!