Youtube Loads Black Screen

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey

Youtube Loads Black Screen

Postby Myyyhw2 » Tue May 10, 2016 8:25 pm

YouTube has started loading a black screen instead of the ad. The black screen lasts from 15 seconds to 30 seconds depending what the ad should be. Then the video starts. It is adblock plus because I have disabled it for youtube and the problem is gone. It has just started happening today. I have tried clearing my cookies, cache, and reinstalling adblock plus but it's still there. Please fix.
Myyyhw2
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Postby mapx » Tue May 10, 2016 8:43 pm

Try a test: use firefox portable, add ABP to FF portable and test again.
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable
User avatar
mapx
 
Posts: 21947
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Postby Myyyhw2 » Tue May 10, 2016 8:50 pm

mapx wrote:Try a test: use firefox portable, add ABP to FF portable and test again.
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

Still a black screen.
Myyyhw2
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Postby mapx » Tue May 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Very fast test :shock:
What filter lists are you using ?
Example video ?
Try disabling all your security software, keep only windows firewall enabled, test again.
Are you using some blocking hosts file ?
Some special router firmware ?
User avatar
mapx
 
Posts: 21947
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Postby Myyyhw2 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:00 pm

mapx wrote:Very fast test :shock:
What filter lists are you using ?
Example video ?
Try disabling all your security software, keep only windows firewall enabled, test again.
Are you using some blocking hosts file ?
Some special router firmware ?

Well in the one you had me download I was using the default filter lists, AdBlock Warning Removal, EasyList, EasyPrivacy, and Malware Domains.
Not sure what you mean by example video?
Not using any special router firmware.
Not using a blocking hosts file.
Not any security software.
Myyyhw2
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Postby mapx » Tue May 10, 2016 9:05 pm

A youtube video where you get such behaviour (black screen ...) ?
Keep enabled only easylist, repeat the test.
As for the security software, you mean you are not using no antivirus, no firewall ?
For example sometimes avast or kaspersly antivirus were reported as blocking some elements on various pages, conflicts with ABP.
Are you using windows or some other op. system ?
User avatar
mapx
 
Posts: 21947
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Postby Myyyhw2 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:08 pm

mapx wrote:A youtube video where you get such behaviour (black screen ...) ?
Keep enabled only easylist, repeat the test.
As for the security software, you mean you are not using no antivirus, no firewall ?
For example sometimes avast or kaspersly antivirus were reported as blocking some elements on various pages, conflicts with ABP.
Are you using windows or some other op. system ?

Here's a youtube video I have the issue on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kPxI0xpq7U
I have an antivirus. I meant that I turned it off and did the test and it still happened.
I'm using Windows 7.
Myyyhw2
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Postby mapx » Tue May 10, 2016 9:14 pm

No issues for me on that video.
Usually an antivirus has also a browser plugin, be sure that one is also disabled / removed from your firefox.

Did you test using only easylist subscription ?
User avatar
mapx
 
Posts: 21947
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Postby Myyyhw2 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:16 pm

mapx wrote:No issues for me on that video.
Usually an antivirus has also a browser plugin, be sure that one is also disabled / removed from your firefox.

Did you test using only easylist subscription ?

Yes I tested. Still same issue.
I'm not sure what it could be. I don't have the browser plugin installed for my antivirus.
Myyyhw2
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Postby mapx » Tue May 10, 2016 9:17 pm

If still in trouble could be your YT account is affected by an old issue (youtube side).
Did you try the same video logged in and logged off ?

If logged off it works ok, try creating a new YT account, it should work.
User avatar
mapx
 
Posts: 21947
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Postby Myyyhw2 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:19 pm

mapx wrote:If still in trouble could be your YT account is affected by an old issue (youtube side).
Did you try the same video logged in and logged off ?

If logged off it works ok, try creating a new YT account, it should work.

Just tried it logged out. Still same issue.
Myyyhw2
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Postby mapx » Tue May 10, 2016 9:22 pm

Weird. Try chrome portable + ABP. See what happens.
User avatar
mapx
 
Posts: 21947
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Postby Myyyhw2 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:26 pm

mapx wrote:Weird. Try chrome portable + ABP. See what happens.

I have Chrome installed so instead of downloading I tried using the normal app. It loads fine with ABP on chrome, but I don't like using Chrome.
So it's definitely ABP on Firefox that's having an issue.
Myyyhw2
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Postby OutOfRange » Wed May 11, 2016 8:30 pm

I do have exactly the same issue since two weeks or so, I'm using FF 46.0.1.

What I figured out so far: This happens only on videos where there is an ad before you can play the video itself. If you wait for a while (maybe the time, the ad is running) the video actually loads, even when it only looks like a black screen at first.
Interestingly: When you go back and the forward one page, it loads the video immediately. If I disable ADP everything works like a charm, I've already tried loging out and in onto YT as well as resetting FF and reinstalling ADP.

To be honest (as dumb as it sounds), I'm quite happy to finally find somebody who is experiencing the same issue.
User avatar
OutOfRange
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 8:25 pm

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Postby Sphinx2k » Sat May 14, 2016 2:44 am

I have the same problem, only started recently (last week?), Get a 15-20 second or so blank wait (while the ad is supposed to run) on most YouTube videos, then video starts playing ok.
Looks like ABP isn't working with YouTube ads anymore on Firefox at least (something changed on YT's end?) - Disable ABP and the problem goes away, but get ads (obviously).

Firefox 46.0.1, HTML5 player (not flash).
ABP please help!
Sphinx2k
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 2:40 am

Next

Return to Adblock Plus for Firefox support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests