Youtube Loads Black Screen

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
maswartz

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Post by maswartz »

Zone15 wrote:
maswartz wrote:This was fixed for me for about two weeks now but it just started happening again!
Same here, just started back again this morning... So annoying. I don't understand why ABP has this problem but uBlock doesn't.
What's uBlock?
mapx

Post by mapx »

another adblocker.

If YT worked fine for weeks and now is again in trouble it seems a site issue and not connected with the use of an adblocker or another.
maswartz

Post by maswartz »

So if I used both Adblock and this uBlock would it solve the problem or make it worse?
mapx

Post by mapx »

Use always only 1 adblocker.
Nobody can say if your issue will be solved (for example I can't reproduce the issue). Just give it a try. As I said above there is no reason for such behaviour (other than YT issue) if for weeks all was working fine.
maswartz

Post by maswartz »

mapx wrote:Use always only 1 adblocker.
Nobody can say if your issue will be solved (for example I can't reproduce the issue). Just give it a try. As I said above there is no reason for such behaviour (other than YT issue) if for weeks all was working fine.
Why don't websites learn that the more they try to stop or work around Adblock the more we're going to use it?
maswartz

Post by maswartz »

It doesn't even play audio it just shows a black screen and 0:00/0:00 for about 20 seconds (or however long the ad takes)
mapx

Post by mapx »

maswartz wrote:
It doesn't even play audio it just shows a black screen and 0:00/0:00 for about 20 seconds (or however long the ad takes)
add your comment in the issue above (on the bug tracker) if you want the devs noted your details.
Maverickroll

Post by Maverickroll »

Started getting this issue several days ago. Any ideas when a fix may be coming?
mapx

Post by mapx »

Maverickroll wrote:Started getting this issue several days ago. Any ideas when a fix may be coming?
comment directly in the opened issue on the bug tracker (better if you add your experience / details there):
https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/4273
SabbathFan

Post by SabbathFan »

One issue I am still suffering from is videos are getting stuck at 0:00. You guys need to look into this.
SabbathFan

Post by SabbathFan »

Finally reported on this issue here:
https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/4315
mapx

Post by mapx »

read the thread, it was reported here: https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/4273
STR8_AN94BALLER

Post by STR8_AN94BALLER »

Hi,

I am using the latest firefox and ABP, I visit the youtube link listed as an example problem here -> https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/4273

I am not getting any blackscreen or audio cut? Video play normally. I try chrome and the same goes.

Not forgetting to mention that I have google account logged in.
mapx

Post by mapx »

not all the users have this weird issue. I get no issue too.