Youtube Loads Black Screen

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Mr Wolf

Re: Youtube Loads Black Screen

Post by Mr Wolf »

Ok, as far I'm concerned, the problem depends on the fact I'm using Firefox 51.0.1. I made a test and upgraded to Firefox 54, and the issue is not present.
...but I'm not going to upgrade definitely for this.
jamephan2009

Post by jamephan2009 »

Myyyhw2 wrote:YouTube has started loading a black screen instead of the ad. The black screen lasts from 15 seconds to 30 seconds depending what the ad should be. Then the video starts. It is adblock plus because I have disabled it for youtube and the problem is gone. It has just started happening today. I have tried clearing my cookies, cache, and reinstalling adblock plus but it's still there. Please fix.
Try a test: use firefox portable, add ABP to FF portable and test again
raintrex

Post by raintrex »

how do you prevent this from happening?
ALexRaj

Post by ALexRaj »

You can backup your browser and clear all data.however still this problem, than rest or uninstall this browser and reinstall this
kaushalmalkan11

Post by kaushalmalkan11 »

It is not necessary that the issue is only due to your adblocker. There could be other reasons too and here are a couple of ways to fix it.

Method 1: Sign out of your YouTube (Google) account

The YouTube black screen issue often occurs when a user is watching the video with his or her account logged on. You can try signing out of your account and see if the video can play normally. To sign out, click the Account icon in the upper right corner of the YouTube page and then click Sign out.

If this method works for you, you won’t see the black screen on your YouTube video player again.

Method 2: Test with another browser

Sometimes you may need a different browser. Perhaps the web browser you are using right now is incompatible with the YouTube web player. Maybe its configuration, extensions or plugins (like Adobe Flash Player mentioned above) are preventing those videos from playing.

You can download and install a different browser from its official site onto your computer. Then play a YouTube video on that browser and see if this fixes your black screen issue. If this helps, you may need to consult your browser support and ask them for advice.

There are other methods too but I would suggest you to read more about them before deciding which one would be best for you.

Reference Links: 1, 2.
priyanka2468

Post by priyanka2468 »

According to me your network is not eligible to load that advertisement or you may have issue on PC or browser.
xip381

Post by xip381 »

Here is a video video example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa3RXRZ_xS8&

I use Google Chrome Version 63.0.3239.108 (Official Build) (64-bit) with Windows 10.

MY Adblock filter list is: Adblock Removal list and Eastlist. I tired allow non intrusive ads as checked and unchecked. It's currently checked.

The video does work with Adblock turned off.

After reloading the video linked above it does work all of a sudden but I'm having problems with every other video on this channel too.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ScienceChannel/videos

The late night comedians also have this affecting their videos.
https://www.youtube.com/user/teamcoco/videos and the first video in the list had a black screen.
Normally i get i on this channel to but the videos seem to be playing.
https://www.youtube.com/user/JimmyKimmelLive/videos

When the black screen occurs I can't click on the screen and the screen is black for the entire video. You get the same options when right clicking that you would get on a normal video.

I updated Google Chrome, disabled hardware acceleration where possible, disabled targeted ads in youtube settings and cleared my browser cookies and cache.
academie-educ

Youtube Loads Black Screen

Post by academie-educ »

If still in trouble could be your YT account is affected by an old issue (youtube side).
Did you try the same video logged in and logged off ?
academie-educ

Post by academie-educ »

Starting early January 2013 in Firefox, YouTube videos are loaded as blank black screens for the first five seconds. At the 0:06 mark, videos start playing normally. This is not an issue in Chrome or IE. Tested with all plug-ins and add-ons disabled (except Flash player). Plug-ins/add-ons updated. Tried re-installing Firefox with no solution. Help? Thanks!
:wink:
petcots

Post by petcots »

i think you have issue with your pc or browser.
nicfaust

Post by nicfaust »

Hi there. The problem is that you use Firefox 51.0.1. Try the new one version and I hope it will help you.