www.cnet.com videos are blocked when using ABP!!

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
MichaelIsGreat

www.cnet.com videos are blocked when using ABP!!

Post by MichaelIsGreat »

Hello mapx,

At the link:

Code: Select all

http://www.cnet.com/products/asus-zenfone-3-deluxe/
I cannot see the video due to a blockage related to ABP!!

Thanks for your help.
mapx

Re: www.cnet.com videos are blocked when using ABP!!

Post by mapx »

I get no issue on that page.
Disable all other addons, keep only ABP enabled, submit an issue report and then post here the report link.
mapx

Post by mapx »

right, you get the issue on html5, in flash it's all fine

try this filter

Code: Select all

||flv.sales.cbs.com^
MichaelIsGreat

Post by MichaelIsGreat »

Hello mapx,

Just to give you some feedback that might be useful for others later on.

Going through "Report issue on this page ...", I was asked to disable particular filters apparently conflicting with what was in the Peter Lowe's list subscription filter. I agreed and it disabled some filters on this Peter Lowe's list subscription filter but also on my custom filters related to taboola by unticking the following custom filter that I had: ||taboola.com^ .
I assume that this custom filter was conflicting with the filters that were in Peter Lowe's list subscription filter.

So, I solved this matter this way.
MichaelIsGreat

Post by MichaelIsGreat »

Hello mapx,

Just to let you know, I tried ||flv.sales.cbs.com^ but it did not work. I had to revert to the solution that I stated previously which is:
Going through "Report issue on this page ...", I was asked to disable particular filters apparently conflicting with what was in the Peter Lowe's list subscription filter. I agreed and it disabled some filters on this Peter Lowe's list subscription filter but also on my custom filters related to taboola by unticking the following custom filter that I had: ||taboola.com^ .
I assume that this custom filter was conflicting with the filters that were in Peter Lowe's list subscription filter.
So, I solved this matter this way.