Firefox crash on videos

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
mario.rossi

Firefox crash on videos

Post by mario.rossi »

Adblock plus 2.7.3 (just reinstalled), Firefox 47.0 (just reset), Windows 10 32bit.
The filter list is the plain default, no unusual plugins or configuration (indeed, tried a fresh simplest configuration for test and confirming that no other elements are involved).
Well, 9 times over 10, playing a video, i.e. youtube or facebook, Firefox starts to flash green frame alternated to the correct frame, it becomes unresponsive and than crashes.
I think the problem is adblock related because for a month I investigate disabling all plugins, running FF in safety mode and so on. Today it is 99% confirmed that it is adblock causing the crash because disabling it everithing is working fine and with it (alone) FF crashes.
Thanks for your attention.
mapx

Re: Firefox crash on videos

Post by mapx »

test again using firefox portable + ABP
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

try also turning off "Use hardware acceleration when available" ( go here: about:preferences#advanced )
mario.rossi

Post by mario.rossi »

I've to withdraw all. With FF portable I had just few crashes without ADP! Even if the FF crash happened only with ADP (I mean FF standard) it is now clear that if FF portable crashes alone, no ADP influences can be involved. I'll turn myself to FF forum... We can close this thread. Sorry for wasted your time. Thanks for your help, I was sticky in my mental processes and did not thought to portable clean FF.
mapx

Post by mapx »

could be something related to your graphic card
did you try disabling "Use hardware acceleration when available" ?
mario.rossi

Post by mario.rossi »

Yes I did. I followed the whole trobleshooting tree as per FF instruction. :(