Adblock (plus) crashes my browser

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Peng

Re: yahoo mail, compose

Post by Peng »

rmarlais wrote:ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION???
Sure. Look up two posts before yours. Dan said disabling and reenabling StumbleUpon worked for him.
kinezi

I still have the crash problem

Post by kinezi »

I did delete the yahoo file but I still have the problem. A site I can always replicate the error is www.shekulli.com.al

Strangely when I enable Flashblock extension Firefox does not crash. I am not sure 100% about that.

Tell me what you need to know guys.
Peng

Post by Peng »

kinezi:

Well, if Flashblock stops the crashes, then they're being caused by Flash. Maike sure you have the latest version of Flash. (Although if you're using one of the beta versions, that could be the problem..)
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

@kinezi: Maybe you have Mozilla ActiveX Plugin installed? Please make sure to read the complete developer comments on https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1865/
Gentileschi

<Title>

Post by Gentileschi »

what is it?
Wladimir Palant

@Gentileschi: Something that will hopefully work fine with the new development build...
Gerardfaure

<Title>

Post by Gerardfaure »

what are you discussing there?
gmailuser

Adblock Plus crashing my gmail

Post by gmailuser »

I spent two days trying to figure out why my gmail wouldn't move messages or send outgoing mail. A post on the gmail forum alerted me to Adblock - it said add @@http://mail.google.com to the list and you'd be fine. I did this, but apparently the fix doesn't work with Adblock Plus. I don't want to switch back to Adblock but for now have disabled Adblock Plus - please help.
NJH

Re: Adblock Plus crashing my gmail

Post by NJH »

gmailuser wrote:I spent two days trying to figure out why my gmail wouldn't move messages or send outgoing mail. A post on the gmail forum alerted me to Adblock - it said add @@http://mail.google.com to the list and you'd be fine. I did this, but apparently the fix doesn't work with Adblock Plus. I don't want to switch back to Adblock but for now have disabled Adblock Plus - please help.
This is a WFM, but my filters do not block anything in gmail. What are your filters blocking?
gmailuser

Post by gmailuser »

What is WFM?

Do you want the whole list of things my filters block? I added gmail to the safe list and it still made no difference; apparently wtih Adblock plain you can do so and gmail works again so I might just swtich.
Wladimir Palant

Yes, I have seen your messages in the discussion group. I am only repeating what you have been told already - the most likely cause for this problem is that something gets blocked that is necessary for GMail to function. I am a GMail user myself and don't have any problems (WFM means "works for me" by the way) so it must have something to do with your filters. That should be the easiest way to find out what is causing the problem:

* Open blockable items (click on the Adblock Plus icon in the toolbar or press Ctrl+Shift+B)
* Look for blocked items (red)
* Check out what filter is blocking it (see http://adblockplus.org/en/tips?tip=effective_filter)
* Doubleclick on the blocked item to remove or disable this filter (if the filter belongs to a subscription like Filterset.G you can only disable, click on the green dot next to the filter)

PS: Asking your questions in a thread that is meant for an entirely different topic isn't nice. Next time create a new thread please.
Wladimir Palant

By the way, on the topic of Adblock and GMail - have you seen this?
gmailuser

Post by gmailuser »

1) Yes I've seen it, as stated it didn't work.

2) I never block anything but ads with adblock so I don't understand how it did this.

P.S. every other forum would yell at you for posting a new thread when there is one with a topic that fits. Sorry, I googled and got this thread with mentions of yahoo mail problems and gmail in it. Being a subtle asshole in P.S.'s isn't nice. Next time go fuck yourself please.
gmailuser

Post by gmailuser »

Also I have no idea what messages of mine you've seen in a discussion group, as this thread is the only time I've posted online about this problem