Unable to download adblock plus

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
A.S.

Unable to download adblock plus

Post by A.S. »

With my last FF update, adblock plus disappeared and I noticed ads all over the place. When I tried to install the add-on, I found that regardless of where I try to download it, the download itself goes right to the end, but doesn't complete. The Install button never lights up.

I found an article which describes how Adblock (a different product) will no longer be available for FF users, but this is not in reference to Adblock Plus which should still be working.

Any thoughts on how to correct this?
mapx

Re: Unable to download adblock plus

Post by mapx »

Did you try directly from mozilla ?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... lock-plus/
lewisje

Re: Unable to download adblock plus

Post by lewisje »

A.S. wrote:I found an article which describes how Adblock (a different product) will no longer be available for FF users
AdBlock for Firefox (a port of Michael Gundlach's AdBlock for Chrome) was only ever in "experimental" status on addons.mozilla.org, and development stopped long ago; it was never a good choice for Firefox users.

(There was also an extension called "Adblock" without the capital B, and that was the first ad-blocking browser modification I'm aware of, first for the Mozilla Suite and then for Firefox; it's what ABP was forked from about 10 years ago, and then Adblock was worked on a little more before being abandoned in 2007, and now you can't even download the old Adblock anymore. I believe that its code was adapted for the QTWeb browser, also now abandoned, and older versions of Konqueror.)
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.